Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any other bookies apart from Betfair that does French racing? Skid Solo down to 12/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Any other bookies apart from Betfair that does French racing? Skid Solo down to 12/1.

No idea mate, i dont have the foggiest about French Racing. I recieved that message about an hour ago and as far as i understand its fairly reliable but i cant say i know the owner, trainer, jockey or horse because i dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Skid Solo (IRE)
    4-y-o (07May06 ch g)
    Bahamian Bounty (6.6f) — Amaniy (USA) (Dayjur (USA) (6.8f))
    Trainer Mme G Rarick
    Owner Mme Susan Haynes-Kellitt
    Breeder Mark & Pippa Hackett
    16 starts 1 win.

First one tomorrow runs at Maisons-laffitte in the first race -- 1235 uk time

It will be 50/1 but has a vgood jockey and will run welll.It is an 18 runner sprint handicap so

hard to be confident! Name is SKID SOLO

Got a real good chance on Tuesday at Auteuil - will give you details tomorrow.

Ian

Original e-mail!!! Another horse for Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

so theres 2 horses 1 for tomorrow and 1 on tuesday?

lorenzo87 wrote: »

It will be 50/1 but has a vgood jockey and will run welll.It is an 18 runner sprint handicap so

Ian

• Advertisement

Yes but i havent recieved the details..

whats the name of the horse running tomorrow is it SKID SOLO?,cheers

Yes but i havent recieved the details..

where did skid solo finish?

Ian

Skid Solo was 2nd last.

some fooking tip,where do these muppets get them :rolleyes:

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Skid Solo was 2nd last.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

bassy wrote: »

These are horses you're backing, Not preprogrammed machines. Things don't always go to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Guys I have been backing horses my entire life so know a little something at thois stage when it comes to good tips. I would recommend you check out www.olbg.co.uk. It's a free gambling site with a large membership of well informed and knowledgeable tipsters. Their is a guy whose user name is mato66- he usually gives three or four fancies a day. His strike rate is phenomenal, he usually gets at least 2 winners a day. I back him religiously, well worth a check. Here is mato66 fancy for tomorrow - Tuesday 18th May Punchestown

mato66
    At Stud

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:35 pm Post subject: selections tuesday
    punchestown
    6.20 old mcdonald
    has a decent level of form in bumpers,would be tough to beat if translating that form to hurdles fto

Chriskavo wrote: »
    Guys I have been backing horses my entire life so know a little something at thois stage when it comes to good tips. I would recommend you check out www.olbg.co.uk. It's a free gambling site with a large membership of well informed and knowledgeable tipsters. Their is a guy whose user name is mato66- he usually gives three or four fancies a day. His strike rate is phenomenal, he usually gets at least 2 winners a day. I back him religiously, well worth a check. Here is mato66 fancy for tomorrow - Tuesday 18th May Punchestown

mato66
    At Stud

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:35 pm Post subject: selections tuesday
    punchestown
    6.20 old mcdonald
    has a decent level of form in bumpers,would be tough to beat if translating that form to hurdles fto

Naw this guy is much better BankBuilder

Naw this guy is much better BankBuilder

Will give him a check - how good is he? How do you know he is better -do you know of mato66's tips?

Will give him a check - how good is he? How do you know he is better -do you know of mato66's tips?

I'm just messing with you. That's my website. I keep a record of the main Internet tipsters like Hugh Taylor Pricewise and Pricewise Extra. Is there a record of his tips anywhere? I'd like to see what they look like on a spreadsheet.

I'm just messing with you. That's my website. I keep a record of the main Internet tipsters like Hugh Taylor Pricewise and Pricewise Extra. Is there a record of his tips anywhere? I'd like to see what they look like on a spreadsheet.

I like Hugh Taylor from ATR myself esp. for value. You click into mato66 his profile and you will get his tips history. I think you have to join up first though. www.olbg.co.uk. Their is free tipster competition league table and if you get into top 10 you win some dosh. Go into horse racing section and click onto 'tuesdays selections'. their are other good tipsters there if you prefer backing at bigger odds, mato66 usually selects shorter priced horses.

bassy wrote: »

As i already told you last night, i was only passing on what i was informed. I am quite happy i lost my money on that horse now as i wouldnt want to be the cause of making a miserable git like yourself wealthier. All tips dont win, yes it was supposed to run well but it didnt, boo-hoo. GET OVER IT :rolleyes:

As i already told you last night, i was only passing on what i was informed. I am quite happy i lost my money on that horse now as i wouldnt want to be the cause of making a miserable git like yourself wealthier. All tips dont win, yes it was supposed to run well but it didnt, boo-hoo. GET OVER IT :rolleyes:

At least you had the balls to post up the tip lorenzo! I'm sure you get them from a good source otherwise you wouldn't post it, don't let some 'miserable git' stop you from posting your tips in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even I have a better tipping rate than mato66 on OLBG. ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Even I have a better tipping rate than mato66 on OLBG. ;)

Ah mikey I know you! Arent you the same guy that gave me that tip for 'Plot of land'? - Yeah it was you... you told me to put my feckin' house on it!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Midget

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Got Midget on Friday, was 16's on Betfair @ 3am, forgot about it , only got on @9/2.......fingers crossed

Midget

Cheers Lorenzo - had him each way and he is keeping my placepot going.

I thought that was a word of abuse aimed at someone or other.

I thought that was a word of abuse aimed at someone or other.

ME TOO............ lol

ME TOO............ lol

Believe it or not I though so too - I happened across it by chance scanning the papers. I think it would be helpful if the meeting and time were included. Good tip all the same esp. if you got a nice e.w. price on him.

Sheila's Star e/w , big run expected 2:00 Goodwood

So thats two words for the one race Elkmait being the other.

So thats two words for the one race Elkmait being the other.

I didnt see the other tip but i was told Sheila is flying fit and it was well supported on its debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Sheila's Star e/w , big run expected 2:00 Goodwood

Thats my dole gone :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

bit late but Elshabakiya is expected to win the next in sandown

2nd at 6/1.

nans best 5/1 EW 7.15 at wexford,i done him the last day and he won at 9/1 just over 2 weeks ago.

Destiny's Dream - Catterick 4.20 - 13/8
    Wake up call - Yarmouth 2.30 - 1/1
    Cool Touch - Towcester 6.50 - 1/5
    Mabuiya - Cheps 4.10 - 11/8

Got these tips from various forums and betting sites from good tipsters. I did an accy on it with Stan James in Phibsboro and took these prices. Stan James will give you the betters prices on singles and multiple bets. They are the only bookie that do this with multiple bets in Ireland. A 10 EUR stake on these 4 horse at those prices will pay 149.63 EUR including your stake. However it might pay even more if any of those prices drift. They all have to win of course!!! Good Luck if you decide to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

lads what does P and 0 mean in form...

eg. 3-0034P1

• Advertisement

whitts wrote: »
    lads what does P and 0 mean in form...

eg. 3-0034P1

P means the horse was PULLED UP in that particular race and the 0 means he was outside the top 9 finishers.

P = Pulled Up

0 = Wasn't in the top 9, They don't put double digits on form.

nice 1 cheers lads, any good tips 4 today.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Both mean hes a crap horse (or that hes trained by Barney Curley and will win by 30l next time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

heres one for you captain carey 3.10 chepstow;)

• Advertisement

Check out my thread in the challenges section, It's not a tip but should have a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Got word for Mackeys Forge in the last at Wexford tonight.

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Got word for Mackeys Forge in the last at Wexford tonight.

Cheers bud! I see he is 7/4 jt fav with Mullins horse. Is it from the horse's mouth so the speak - is it reliable source?

but would ya bother bettin anything with odds of 7/4, hardly worth your while unless your betting 100's...

but would ya bother bettin anything with odds of 7/4, hardly worth your while unless your betting 100's...

Lol.

Who gives a damn as long as it wins ?.

Worth a score isn't it? - or you could double it up with your fancy in the Champions league final.

that bollox came second 5:00 @ yarmouth...

Cheers bud! I see he is 7/4 jt fav with Mullins horse. Is it from the horse's mouth so the speak - is it reliable source?

Got word from someone who is at the track. So its fairly reliable.

If you dont like the odds than dont back it! Simple as ..

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    If you dont like the odds than dont back it! Simple as ..

Thanks for the heads up - I get the odd tip myself so will let you know of any that comes my way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement