Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

mixed up wrote: »
    Impersonator in the 6:05 in killarney is expected to win 11/2 in paddy power.

Will he handle the step up in trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

baraca wrote: »
    Will he handle the step up in trip?

Having seen his last few races with Mullins onboard I'll say he will be able to.

Having seen his last few races with Mullins onboard I'll say he will be able to.

Well that didn't go to well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Mullins didnt even try, was cruising coming to the 2nd last and he didnt touch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Having just read last few posts on this thread most of you are prob on already but Terdaad 4.05 York is Godolphins best by a mile at home. Have a nibble on him for nest years guineas too. 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

Isotonic wrote: »
    Having just read last few posts on this thread most of you are prob on already but Terdaad 4.05 York is Godolphins best by a mile at home. Have a nibble on him for nest years guineas too. 7/4

hes geting baked anyhow hope he runs well... hanagans mont ollon is another 1 to watch in the betting!!! anybody any reliable tips for the rest of the day??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

ennisweed wrote: »
    hes geting baked anyhow hope he runs well... hanagans mont ollon is another 1 to watch in the betting!!! anybody any reliable tips for the rest of the day??

Umm... Horse pie !! Got word earlier about Stoutes horse Star of Dance in that race. Could turn out to be a good maiden !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

going to stay away from the 4.05 i think had nice winner there in the 3.15 cai shen was only a small each way bet.... yes i like horse pie ha

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Umm... Horse pie !! Got word earlier about Stoutes horse Star of Dance in that race. Could turn out to be a good maiden !

3rd got him e/w at 10's slowly away stayed on well should pick up a maiden race soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Hi Guys,

Have a tip for tomorrow , I just got it from a friend in England who knows some jockey,
    I dont tip much so hopefully i can start by tipping a winner,
    Not sure of price or anything yet,

Diamond Penny 2.10 salisbury

P.S- If anyone can get a price much appreciated , Im at work now and some sites are blocked
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

28/13 on betfair

Got the same tip today myself.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The form flew out the window today with Auden running like a mule in a weak enough race.

General Synod should win that.

With my luck of late he'll come last though. So lay him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

x PyRo wrote: »
    The form flew out the window today with Auden running like a mule in a weak enough race.

General Synod should win that.

With my luck of late he'll come last though. So lay him. :pac:

The way Hannons yard is at the moment Synod will come last!

Diamond Penny 6/5 from 7/2 :eek:

Edit: General Synod is a n/r, explains alot.

Donkey, ridden from the off, no excuses there.

Got an each-way tip there off my mate, 7pm Laytown Five Two 16/1. Not sure of where it came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

hellbender in the last at kempton,
    just got a call and said he shoud go close but its hard to see past the favourite.
    7-1,,,2pts e/w

coughlan08 wrote: »
    hellbender in the last at kempton,
    just got a call and said he shoud go close but its hard to see past the favourite.
    7-1,,,2pts e/w

as always my mates word is gospel..
    there was serious money on his back in the last 15 mins before the off,sp was 7/2....:eek:
    came 2nd, so a nice end to very good day,(my girl anna@6/4,nice lump on her too).
    il be posting my horse bets from about next tues on,if interested.

• Advertisement

Every man and his dog new about that tip as it was put up in the evening on the Racing Post Reporters section. There was huge word for it around Kempton hence the price move as everyone on course was on it.

Good stuff with the e/w money and you got a nice price.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Every man and his dog new about that tip as it was put up in the evening on the Racing Post Reporters section. There was huge word for it around Kempton hence the price move as everyone on course was on it.

Good stuff with the e/w money and you got a nice price.

thanks pyro, as always...
    fair play today with your own bets,well deserved...no better man for those write ups.......;)

tbh never new about the horse til the mate gave me a buzz.
    would of been sweet if he won but happy all the same,nice lump on e/w like...:p
    profits profit i suppose......:cool:

p.s. do you really think your recent 5 pointer at odds of 7-1 has a 5 pointer chance...if you know what i mean...
    never seen a 5 pointer at odds like that on your tread.
    what do you reckon his "real" chances are..
    thanks

Good stuff, pity he couldn't get up for you. Was willing him on big time even though I wasn't on myself. The whole course would of won a packet if he won! Still, as you say, profit is profit and that's all that matters. :)

He has a 5 pointers chance if he runs. He's a seriously class horse, it's the horse I "5 pointed" at 11/2 today/yesterday. Owes me nothing at all hence why I can put a max stake on him but IF he run, which I think he will and David Barron seems to indicate he will, then he certainly justifies favouritism in a race that he has been layed out for and one that Barron has targeted for horses like this before. Poet's Place is extremely progressive and there's a lot more to come from him, he's entered in a Group 2 race next month so I expect he'll need to be winning the Ayr Gold Cup to be in with a chance of moving up to Group company and he's on a massive upwards curve, conditions weren't ideal today and he needed every yard of the 5.5 furlongs BUT he won going away from the rest once again, even with a 10 pound penalty and his race on Saturday coming is over 6f on a course which will suit him even more. Plus he has a similar profile (bar less wins) to Barron's horse Coastal Bluff who won it in 1996 after 2 wins in top handicaps.

The only problem is if he doesn't run I lose my stake but I expect he will and if it rains he's worth going in for again and if it doesn't he still has a great chance as I doubt they've over exerted him on faster ground yet and it just happened that his two wins ended up coming on slower ground because he strikes me as one who wouldn't mind it either way and the Barron is the master of making sure his horses have good handicap marks for races. He will keep shortening if he is definitely going to run and once the bookies go "non runner, no bet" which will be soon enough but I wanted the 7/1.

All in all, he has a serious chance and to me is worth a maximum 5 point selection.

Best of luck whatever you do mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I got a tip for our gar in the 4:05 in listowel massive word going around for it it's available around 5/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

one cool tornado is running in that race as well she be hard beat

Tip for Cometh today 4.10 Yarmouth

• Advertisement

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Tip for Cometh today 4.10 Yarmouth

Hope some of ya's were on !!

feck it, missed this...good shout.

Was around the Curragh this morning and there is a big word going around for Frank Ennis horse Sobrando Lodge in the last at Listowel (6.10)

No good :(

Gamble landed on that Rebel Fitz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Last week a friend told me he would have a good tip for me in a weeks time, he text today saying its promising times 1st race perth tomorrow, no reasoning, just a tip i got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

ft9 wrote: »
    Last week a friend told me he would have a good tip for me in a weeks time, he text today saying its promising times 1st race perth tomorrow, no reasoning, just a tip i got.

7/2 with PP at the moment and AP on board too, think i'll have a little flutter on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

5/1 now with PP.

iam on traffic artical g.elliott horse in that race

got 3rd not to bad had it ew.

it was a maiden so ill be keeping an eye on him for again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ahhshugar

Two worth a punt according to Ray Flanagan:

Sligo – 3.35, Faoileanda ew (5/1) and
    4.05 Tin Town Boy ew (14/1)

ahhshugar wrote: »
    Two worth a punt according to Ray Flanagan:

Sligo – 3.35, Faoileanda ew (5/1) and
    4.05 Tin Town Boy ew (14/1)

Faoileanda got 2nd ran out off puff coming to the line to win it

Sligo 4.15 Baynes Cross 15/2 and Sligo 4.45 King High 7/2

First one was a tip off my mate who works in a bookies, usually gets tonnes of tips but only texts me decent ones he personnally thinks have a chance.

King High was from my mate down in Waterford (he posts on here :D) usually great for a tip, especially when he had word from the trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

First one not placed ,the other one out to 9/2.

Sligo 4.15 Baynes Cross 15/2 and Sligo 4.45 King High 7/2

First one was a tip off my mate who works in a bookies, usually gets tonnes of tips but only texts me decent ones he personnally thinks have a chance.

King High was from my mate down in Waterford (he posts on here :D) usually great for a tip, especially when he had word from the trainer.

Baynes Cross was looking decent, but seemed to drift off, with Vinnie being like 12 lenghts clear at one stage.

King High had a good run, drifted to 7/1 on the SP and came 3rd.

4:15 Newmarket - Classic Punch

I'm told he should run very well. First time source so play with caution. Currently best priced 13/2.

*NON RUNNER*

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

gowran 5.50 theving gypsy
    got word about him durin the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

waste of time sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

8.45 Wolverhampton HAYLAMAN 11/8.

photo thnk he has it though

yes he won it nice 50 win ther thanks jonjo

naughto wrote: »
    photo thnk he has it though

:( Looks like he got beaten:(

Winner alright Winner alright S.P 11/8:D

he just nicked it

naughto wrote: »
    he just nicked it

Yeah i thought he was beaten, he was my nap of the night but i hadnt time to write up my review of him:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭e30fitz

maybe not going to have a pure chance punt on cavendish rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sligobhoy

Kronful is P robinsons only ride in the 9:15. should do it 5/2 at the moment

• Advertisement

e30fitz wrote: »
    maybe not going to have a pure chance punt on cavendish rd
    at 33/ta one i hope he comes in for u

bailtimore jack i went for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement