Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dayum, Couldn't get to bookies myself but well spotted. Thread is legendary at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Great when a plan comes together, won like an Evens shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johny_bhoy

would have loving to be on this but wasnt much time to place a bet, damn notification came after the race. great tip!!! keep em coming :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Damn,missed it but nice pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Lord Buffhead down to a good weight, should win this 3.10 Ayr

get on e/w @ 18/1

Haha I had it backed also. Saw its form on heavy and soft and had pocket change on it then @ 16s. Was backed in on the show! Good to see someone else on too. Won nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

shmeee wrote: »
    Haha I had it backed also. Saw its form on heavy and soft and had pocket change on it then @ 16s. Was backed in on the show! Good to see someone else on too. Won nicely.

great tipping

Backing Live Dangerously @ 14/1 EW @ 1/4 1-3

in this 3.40

apologies for delay

• Advertisement

Still got 3-4mins

Ain't nearly as confident as Lord Buffhead!

But should go well.

Went well, but passed late, finished 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Damn notifictions

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Well done Mick, great shout.
    But the thread is getting throttled by fancies, not actual tips, which is why I stopped posting.
    Can't argue with a nice winner though. :-)

Tramore 4.15
    Pumbaa ew @ 15/2

Word for this one, jumping well and should be bang there. Again it's a beginners chase so many unknowns in the race so bet accordingly. Boyles only go 9/2 so shop around.

The're lumping on this one,2/1 now with Lads.

Big money is being put on Tulsa Jack at the moment though.

Serious dosh.

--

3.15 Tramore

Tulsa Jack being backed off the boards.

-- Whoever the chap backing is gobbling up any price he can get

• Advertisement

Wow, huge punt on this.

Guy having over 20k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

great tip

Tramore 4.15
    Pumbaa ew @ 15/2

Word for this one, jumping well and should be bang there. Again it's a beginners chase so many unknowns in the race so bet accordingly. Boyles only go 9/2 so shop around.

That's how you land a gamble. Easy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Won at a fooking canter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Excellent tip on Pumbaa, backed him to win.

• Advertisement

Nice 1 shmeee,got on at 9/2.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    But the thread is getting throttled by fancies, not actual tips, which is why I stopped posting.

Will you be posting in this thread again Lorenzo? only started following for your sound advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

thks shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

That's how you land a gamble. Easy out!

Thanks lad. Needed that. Managed to get on at the fancier prices. 20 cents in the € rule 4 a bit harsh as won at a canter.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Thanks lad. Needed that. Managed to get on at the fancier prices. 20 cents in the € rule 4 a bit harsh as won at a canter.

A rotten rule 4, 20p in the pound was a bit much now! Just seen that. Got 15/2 myself. Ladbrokes went 8s but they wouldn't lay peanuts.

Tramore 4.15
    Pumbaa ew @ 15/2

Thanks Shmeee that broke the duck :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah now that makes no sense! If you stop then it'll be (nearly) only fancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Hows that there is no results from wolverhampton tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Hows that there is no results from wolverhampton tonight

http://www.attheraces.com/results/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I think everyone needs to take notice of this. I'm more of a lurker here but it's in all our best interest not to 'scare off' the really good tippers like lorenzo87. I for one have made a lot of money from their solid and consistent tipping but I can see how people like him would get frustrated at the posts here lately.

For what it's worth lorenzo87, should you choose not to post here anymore, thank you for everything.

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    I think everyone needs to take notice of this. I'm more of a lurker here but it's in all our best interest not to 'scare off' the really good tippers like lorenzo87. I for one have made a lot of money from their solid and consistent tipping but I can see how people like him would get frustrated at the posts here lately.

For what it's worth lorenzo87, should you choose not to post here anymore, thank you for everything.

What am I missing?

Who's throwing up fancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What am I missing?

Who's throwing up fancies?

I'm not in a position to criticise any individual so I choose my words carefully and I'm certainly not going to quote or name names. Going back the last week or two or three there have been a few posts that pretty obviously would have been better placed in the fancies thread.

A few were deleted/moved as far as I can see. Don't know if this was by the 'tippers' themselves or a mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Some great winners on here lately. Got Pumbaa quite late so the price wasnt great but a nice winner all the same.

(FWIW IMO on a forum like this there is no real distinction between tip and fancy. Its a matter of recognising those who post winners regulary whether they are tips, fancies or blind picks. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Well said stooge, take them as nothing more than suggestions and make up your own mind, love this thread and the great work by so many contributors, always appreciate a nod and miss Lorenzo's posts, he had some dingers!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

stooge wrote: »
    Some great winners on here lately. Got Pumbaa quite late so the price wasnt great but a nice winner all the same.

(FWIW IMO on a forum like this there is no real distinction between tip and fancy. Its a matter of recognising those who post winners regulary whether they are tips, fancies or blind picks. )

Their is a big distinction between a tip and a fancy. People posting should say it's a tip and a little bit of info. People like Lorenzo and Shmee are regulars and have said they only post actual tips.

When people start coming in and saying a horse and a time without saying it's a tip it get's messy. I have noticed the last few days their have been several horses posted here that should have been in the fancies thread.

This page is not for recognizing those who put up past winners as a gauge whether it's a tip or not. It's fairly easy to put fancies in the fancy's thread and tip's declaring it as a tip in here. Then you can decide to make up your own mind whether you want to follow or not.

It's simple things like this that ruined the tips part on the horse racing forum. It's a pity that someone like Lorenzo has stopped posting because of this. Hope he comes back he obviously has some very good contacts and gave out some very good winners.

Anywho

Just got text
    "Teak running in Newmarket on Saturday worth an each way bet. From the Breeder Gay Veitch"

This is the Betfred Cesarewitch with 34 runners so am sure there will be extra place paid in most shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe the thread should be renamed 'The Inside Information Thread' or similar.
    I honestly believe that some of the posters here genuinely don't know the difference between a tip and a fancy and think they are contributing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anywho

Just got text

This is the Betfred Cesarewitch with 34 runners so am sure there will be extra place paid in most shops.

25/1 on betfair and they are paying 6 places !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe the thread should be renamed 'The Inside Information Thread' or similar.
    I honestly believe that some of the posters here genuinely don't know the difference between a tip and a fancy and think they are contributing.

Interesting point now that you say it.

In general people i know who don't back often always ask me have i any tips meaning do i fancy anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Folks, to repeat myself: people post information. It's up to you, the reader, to decide on it's veracity or otherwise, and act accordingly.

Anywho

Just got text

Has this horse being pulled or are my eyes gone to f1uck

naughto wrote: »
    Has this horse being pulled or are my eyes gone to f1uck

Still shows as running on sporting life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Still shows as running on sporting life

And on pp... Horse is Teak

And on pp... Horse is Teak

It would be handy if I was looking at the right race

16/1 with PP,25/1 with Lads

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    It would be handy if I was looking at the right race

Don't do that!

I have €50 e/w on that fecker lol

1.50 York
    Lacan @ 7/1 ew

Just got late work to have a punt from yard

1.50 York
    Lacan @ 7/1 ew

Just got late work to have a punt from yard

Poor.

Thats all I got today anyway, none others are fancied.

One for tomorrow in Ireland, will post in morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Teak 7th

Limerick 3.30
    Johnstons Best @ 9/2 win

Tipped this one up when it won LTO and connections confident again now today to follow up that win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement