Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

matthew8 wrote: »
    Depends on the quality of the knowledge. Shmeee for instance seems to have a great strike rate but I wonder if some people are posting the fancy of someone they know makes a profit rather than inside information.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Well yes NOW it is pants. Go have a look at the this thread 1-2 months ago ;)
    Shmee had a tremendous run too. I stopped posting because of the muck that started coming in.

That's my question though, why is it "Muck" information ? Purely because the horse didn't win ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Coltard wrote: »
    you think ? what % of tips do you think win that are posted here ?

I meant in general not on this thread. It's obvious some of the tips posted here are fancies.

Lorenzo and Schmee had a brilliant strike back because it was genuine info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

That's my question though, why is it "Muck" information ? Purely because the horse didn't win ?

Like the example today i am not going to get onto the person because my good source has thrown in the odd shocker.

But a horse that is a genuine tip should not be 22 lengths behind the winner unless something went wrong.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Like the example today i am not going to get onto the person because my good source has thrown in the odd shocker.

But a horse that is a genuine tip should not be 22 lengths behind the winner unless something went wrong.

totally agree, that type of scenario certainly raises questions

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Sorry, have to correct you now. I know plenty of people in the horse racing world and I assure you, people that get good information don't lose by 22 lengths on a regular basis. "Tips" is such a well used word, "This guy told me this", "A fella at work told me that".. "A friend of a friend said this blah de blah"... Then they get all excited and spread it like wild fire, when 95% of the time it's a load of baloney. It is muck information because he has put up several horses in the last couple of days that have all been unplaced, it would be an insult to even call it information.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I think you just need to know which people to follow and who not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Another tips thread circles the drain

It was fun while it lasted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Arkle62

Surely you can decide whether to back the 'Tip' or not, Personally I stick to Lorenzo, Shmee and Mick Malone and do very nicely. I track others to see if they are of the same quality before investing. Is this not a logical approach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lol, all this for a tip I posted where I wrote before it " I don't fancy this myself, go light on it, just passing on information from a guy who had a 12/1 winner yesterday..."

Hardly enough to get your knickers in a twist over.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Lol, all this for a tip I posted where I wrote before it " I don't fancy this myself, go light on it, just passing on information from a guy who had a 12/1 winner yesterday..."

Hardly enough to get your knickers in a twist over.

"information" and a tip are not the same thing bud

They are if it's information about which horse should win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

Lorenzo and shmee are legends on this thread , i've won a few bob off them and look forward to there tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Right, stop it, all of you.

This is how this thread works:

1. Someone posts a tip
    2. You, as a grown adult and capable of making your own choices, decide whether to put money on the relevant horse.
    3. The race happens
    4. You either win money or lose - but either way it's because of the choice you made, nothing else

You do not then come back on-thread and criticise the tipster. Bans have and will be handed out for this.

if you've a problem with a post, you report it and let the mods deal with it, you don't start a row on-thread. This is another bannable offence.

Finally, nobody gets to decide who posts on this thread - you get to decide if you pay attention to the posts, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Well said.

Now how about some winners lads ,my BR is looking pretty bleak :)

I won't post this in the fancies thread, just got word
    for SOLSTICE SUN in the 3.15 in exeter
    5/1 ... I'll be going each way on it.

gufc21 wrote: »
    7/2

I backed it at 5/1 with boyles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

I backed it at 5/1 with boyles

Yip my bad... I didn't check just saw was 7/2 in first couple I checked. Still widely available at 5's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Solstice sun drifted a bit with removal of fences on the back straight.

bugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Big Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

backed it at 5-1 ew on the advice above, but while looking at the card I though Gas line boy looked well treated. Went with the tip rather than my fancy. typical! :) onward and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

I'm told Tazffin 5.10 Kempton is a good thing and has come on for the debut run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bobby Jean
    8.45 dundalk..

Trainer fancies it and there's been money for it already

• Advertisement

razorhead wrote: »
    I'm told Tazffin 5.10 Kempton is a good thing and has come on for the debut run.

Refused to go in the stalls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Keep in Line 6.10 Kempton

Ive heard a bit of word for ability and delevier 6:00 dun 3/1. Also in the last christy call 12/1 9:00 dun. Not a tip but they are expecting good runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Ive heard a bit of word for ability and delevier 6:00 dun 3/1. Also in the last christy call 12/1 9:00 dun. Not a tip but they are expecting good runs.

Small word around locally for abilityandeliver alright, wasnt strong enough to share here but I've had a bet also. Big swing in the weights with the joint favourite and should reserve form.

shmeee wrote: »
    Small word around locally for abilityandeliver alright, wasnt strong enough to share here but I've had a bet also. Big swing in the weights with the joint favourite and should reserve form.

Difference is weight wasn't even enough, second again.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Difference is weight wasn't even enough, second again.

I taught he had it half furlong out. The late posting might of saved a few people.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    I taught he had it half furlong out. The late posting might of saved a few people.

I wouldn't have say it only for twas mentioned here. And as I said wasn't strong enough word.

But, Ya taught he'd pick up the better having weight on the winner but wasn't to be. Neck or so in the end worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

some word around for Allehal at 9.00 Dundk

25/1 Do e/w

Chesty08 wrote: »
    some word around for Allehal at 9.00 Dundk

25/1 Do e/w

second last

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Apologies if anyone followed

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

have been told to back colony club 350 wincanton.good ew value at 12/1.last tip I put up here got clipped leaving the stalls so let's hope the bad luck has been used up.

I was told during the week to back Gilgamboa tomorrow in Navan 3:30.

Just had reconfirmation this evening that all is well and are expecting a big run. Apparently they are all looking forward to this horse over fences.

Had some of Paddy Powers 15-8 earlier. 13-8 now but 7-4 in Boyles

Bidourney. Pipes horse in the last race at Ffos Laas expected to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

TheTorment wrote: »

Just had reconfirmation this evening that all is well and are expecting a big run. Apparently they are all looking forward to this horse over fences.

Yuss!

The money came for Bidourey and it won. Good to get a couple of winners around here even if only 7/4 and 15/8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

thankfully stayed away from thread for a while. Was bored around 3 so threw the two of them into a small double. Small return but nice one lads

Nice win in the end. Had the double and both singles also. I have good connections but will only post on here if Im confident the selection has a good chance. Nice for the thread to get a couple of winners compared to the previous posts of the last week

Nice win in the end. Had the double and both singles also. I have good connections but will only post on here if Im confident the selection has a good chance. Nice for the thread to get a couple of winners compared to the previous posts of the last week

Keep up the good work

Nice. Cheers for the winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Whats Up Woody,3.30 Carlisle,
    Good word,

5/2

Whats Up Woody,3.30 Carlisle,
    Good word,

5/2

Tempted to go big on this.

I went for it

Small field

No good . profit from weekend gone along with my head

Fvck him. Got destroyed.

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »

Onwards and upwards now. The Drinmore at the end of the month is the next step....
    The yard really think this horse has great ability.

They were both puzzled and disappointed with Mossey Joe yesterday in the point meeting in Ballinaboola. He ran well till 3 out where it looked like he just pulled the pin on it. Maybe getting fed up at his age????
    Rosstemple made a nice start there too, while having to work towards the end he looks a horse with decent potential.

I'll try keep up on Gilgamboa's progress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement