Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Carrie Bow Cay is very strongly fancied in the 9 10 Dundalk,strong word for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Somebody just went in on that one. Price changed from 9/4 to 15/8 while I was backing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Carrie Bow Cay is very strongly fancied in the 9 10 Dundalk,strong word for this one.

Pennys Angel, the 9/2 second fav has been declared a non runner

Ah! That explains the price change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

One for tomorrow, will post as soon as word is good !

• Advertisement

^
    Somebody just went in on that one. Price changed from 9/4 to 15/8 while I was backing it.

According to oddschecker Pennys Angel was withdrawn at 17 56.

According to oddschecker Pennys Angel was withdrawn at 17 56.

Price changed at 17.47 anyway. PP must have got word cos they are still 15/8.

Clonmel 3.25
    Pumbaa @ 5/1 Powers

Boyles only go 7/2.

Landed a right touch for many here 2 runs back. Big run expected again tomorrow.

I hate it when short priced tips bite the dust,sorry if anyone backed it.The tip was genuine horse tried and probably was simply not good enough.

I hate it when short priced tips bite the dust,sorry if anyone backed it.The tip was genuine horse tried and probably was simply not good enough.
    Thanks
    Having looked back at the betting, It was a case of coming up against a horse that was actually gambled on all day.
    The winner seemed to have been available at big prices earlier (up to 20/1) in the morning and returned 4/1
    Based on it's previous run over C&D (12 of 14), they landed a nice touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

shmeee wrote: »
    Clonmel 3.25
    Pumbaa @ 5/1 Powers

Boyles only go 7/2.

Landed a right touch for many here 2 runs back. Big run expected again tomorrow.

I hope he is able swim. Arm bands needed.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    I hope he is able swim. Arm bands needed.

Hammered in the market. Top price now 7/4. Hope a few got the 5s last night.

PS. ground won't be a problem anyway, all his wins on been on yielding and heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Hammered in the market. Top price now 7/4. Hope a few got the 5s last night.

PS. ground won't be a problem anyway, all his wins on been on yielding and heavy.

Jesus that must have taken some money feels like a winner getting 5/1 hopefully he pays for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Swiftmarc, previously tipped here also, has been withdrawn. Reason for large price change. Expect a rule 4 I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

15p Rule 4.. Which turns 5/1 into 4.25/1 .. Considering the horse is 6/4 - 13/8, it's a lot more than the withdrawn horse affecting the price, lots of money down.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    15p Rule 4.. Which turns 5/1 into 4.25/1 .. Considering the horse is 6/4 - 13/8, it's a lot more than the withdrawn horse affecting the price, lots of money down.

Good stuff been looking for that for 20 min. Where do u get price at time of withdrawal?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Good stuff been looking for that for 20 min. Where do u get price at time of withdrawal?

See image attached from oddschecker, was around 3s before the NR and then cut and backed again all morning. Around the 9.28am mark you see the sp coming in for a minute or so.

Class!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Man shmeee

Clonmel 3.25
    Pumbaa @ 5/1 Powers

Boyles only go 7/2.

That was some gamble, SP of 11/10.

H'on the Pumbaa!

pumbaa06.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Great shout pal sets me up for tomorrow nicely once i manage to avoid Kempton tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Nice one shmeee! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bastards the lot of ya's!!!!!

(missed it)

:D

Lovely touch Shmeee. Well in.

Cheers smee.

Well done,its great to be on at a REAL VALUE price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Delired

Had pumbaa and champagne fever today.

• Advertisement

I posted the info on Gretzky and Shalaman last time they ran (Gretzky 20s 1/2 ahead of Shalaman.I think Shalaman will win tomoro,he needs to pick up a penalty to go to Dubai.I will know a lot more tomoro but I have already backed Shalaman because I believe he is better than these.Will update when I know exactly what is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

First time tipping here lads, got word about Cup final in the 4.00 at Cheltenham. The same fella has given me a few over the last few months witha decent enough strike rate to be fair.

7/4 at the minute, not much of a price but still

I posted the info on Gretzky and Shalaman last time they ran (Gretzky 20s 1/2 ahead of Shalaman.I think Shalaman will win tomoro,he needs to pick up a penalty to go to Dubai.I will know a lot more tomoro but I have already backed Shalaman because I believe he is better than these.Will update when I know exactly what is happening.

Shalaman is the one,cant say much more i am on ew at 11 to 2 max bet.As tipped already Cup Final is expected in the last at Chel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Shalaman is the one,cant say much more i am on ew at 11 to 2 max bet.As tipped already Cup Final is expected in the last at Chel.

4lb swing in the ratings, I'm in. Worries about the jockey last time were well founded, still a bit of a worry?

matthew8 wrote: »
    4lb swing in the ratings, I'm in. Worries about the jockey last time were well founded, still a bit of a worry?
    I would always worry a little around Dundalk on a hold up horse but tonight there are only 11 runners instead of the usual 14.Last time Shalaman was very wide all the way and ran a lot further than the first 2.The pilot has a little more experience and knows the horse a bit better and seems well worth his 7lb claim.There is a bit of planning gone into tonights race and at an each way price I believe he is an outstanding bet.

That's it,i don't mind doing my own money but the thought of punters doing their cash is just too much for me
    so no more tips you will all be glad to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bollox cup final and shalaman let us down.

Fingers crossed the soccer accumulator comes in for once!!

That's it,i don't mind doing my own money but the thought of punters doing their cash is just too much for me

Dont worry about it. I had a good night off gretsky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lad we know the score! Bet at your own risk!

Keep them coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yep,keep them coming zimmer.
    We make our choice to back them,you're just passing on the word,sometimes it's good,sometimes not.

A lot of burnt fingers there( including my own) and they weren't all following you Zimmermania
    The horse must have been fancied, but he just didn't pick up when he was brought out wide for a run. Was eased down well before the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You'd have to post an awful lot of losers to cancel out the good ones Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

CH3OH wrote: »
    A lot of burnt fingers there( including my own) and they weren't all following you Zimmermania
    The horse must have been fancied, but he just didn't pick up when he was brought out wide for a run. Was eased down well before the line

Exactly long time follower first time poster here.. The money that came for the horse suggested it was fancied keep the tips coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah keep them coming man. Have very high respect for your tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Dont worry about it lad.. I'd like to echoe what the last couple of posters have said and just say thanks for the word and its up to us if we want to back or not. Keep the head up pal!

I should have word for a horse Sunday from de bromheads yard . I will keep ye posted when I find out what the crack is with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darragha98

I got a tip for johns spirit in the paddy power gold cup tomorrow in Cheltenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Darragha98 wrote: »
    I got a tip for johns spirit in the paddy power gold cup tomorrow in Cheltenham

2:30 CH PP paying 5 places

Late word

Punchestown 2.10
    Balkinstown @ 7/2 top price
    Good run expected

Late word

Punchestown 2.10
    Balkinstown @ 7/2 top price
    Good run expected

Made mistake 2 out which killed him, stayed on was all then. Beaten 8L's or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Made mistake 2 out which killed him, stayed on was all then. Beaten 8L's or so.

I'll definitely be a backer of this next time out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement