Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Bulldogs?

• 07-01-2008 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi, I found this board this morning - great!

I was wondering if anybody knows if there are French Bulldogs in Ireland? We have 2 and we met another couple with one (who have unfortunately moved away). Are there any more?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Meet Charlie aka Max :

p610411.jpg

p708307.jpg

Came in as a rescue and had to stay because he is human aggressive towards men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Oh Wow!
    My husband is from the Netherlands and has been brought up with French Bulldogs. We have two of our own which we brought over from Holland. We are very surprised to find one in rescue and never seen a French Bulldog being agressive. What is happening with this one?
    How old is Charlie, and what has this poor dog been through to make him aggressive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I think Charlie's case is one of being spoilt rotten and then trying to run the pack. I had to show him the ropes ONCE and he knew where in the pack he stood, so he is fine here. However, plenty of Frenchies I know have shown aggression be it towards other dogs or humans. Charlie is now 2 1/2. He was bought in the UK and lived in Dublin. He was then shuttled about to two different homes in which he displayed aggression as well and it was decided to pts him at which point I came into the occassion. He has been with me since he is 11 months old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

He's a cutie Max!
    I've trained a few French bulldogs in the Dublin area, but they are so bloody expensive so I wouldn't say there are too many of them around. It's a lovely breed!
    Annika

French Bulldogs really need consistency and stable surroundings, I can talk for hours about them! They are such characters, give them the chance and they will take over.
    We are good friends with a breeder in Holland and our present Bullies have come into retirement with us.
    It's such a pity we live so far away from Galway..... well 2 and a half hours isn't that long.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Brill photos, excuse my ignorance, but is this the breed where it is common for the eyes to come out of their sockets?

(could be a myth!)

i dont think they pop out, i've had french bulldogs for over 32 years and my family all have them as well. we know our breeder very well (we get dogs for retirement from her) and never heard of this. french bulldogs are quite popular in the netherlands lately. the breed was very weak because of this. they sorted it a bit by allowing only two litters per dog. sorry i can talk for ours about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Must have been a white lie someone told me! lol

ps these are our french bulldogs and the one from my mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Habibi

My FRENCHI :p

gallery-32744064-500x500.jpg

gallery-38986257-500x500.jpg

gallery-35417127-500x500.jpg

gallery-35417165-500x500.jpg

• Advertisement

awh!! what a gorgeous man you have there!!! do you live in ireland and if so what pert??? Hooray an other french bulldog in ireland!? what a beauty he is!!!

We come from Poland and live in Waterford.

we live in leitrim, I'm from Holland and my wife is from Scotland. Happy to see an other frenchie in ireland!! we moved over 3 years ago and brought the 2 french bulldogs with us. 1 got run over by a farmer who didn't even bother to stop. We got our youngest just 3 months ago. our der ne is very happy to have a mate again. they are doing everything together and sleep together. and 1 more time: HOORAY AN OTHER FRENCH BULLDOG IN IRELAND!!!

more foto :) French and German DUET :)
    gallery-25275148-500x500.jpg

gallery-25275137-500x500.jpg

gallery-25275140-500x500.jpg

Love the poto's!

I pm'd hellrazer to check I could post a link to our friends blog so you could see their Frenchie, he said it'd be ok, so here you go....

http://www.irelandblog.net/ if you look around there, you'll find Chucky, their Frenchie. If you dig a bit deeper, you'll see Rosa (our older one) too.

How do you get photo's straight onto the post? We haven't quite worked that out yet.....

ronis2pt5.jpg

st11cd7.jpg

160328fj3.jpg

ronius10nj9.jpg

ronius8ce9.jpg

ronius6hk6.jpg

roniusvr5.jpg

1marzec4bz8.jpg

dunhill24023mj8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

Hi there!
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I live in Dublin and am working in New York at present. There are so many Frenchies here and I have fallen in love with them! I've been researching the breed and would love to get one or two! The breeder in The Netherlands sounds very interesting. I am not particular about getting puppies. There are very few breeders in the UK also. PLease, any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World :D

140522yi7.jpg

he is a hansom man your dog!!!! our two girls are in love with him i think!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Hi Tulipandthistle,

Do you happen to know of any breeders? I love Frenchies. We have a pug (7 month old) and are crazy about dogs, and want to add to our brood!

Your frenchies are just gorgeous! I am in love : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 beata30

snip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement