Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using 02 contract sim in 02 pre-pay mobile?

• 07-01-2008 3:13pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can you use a O2 contract sim card in an O2 speakeasy phone (pre-pay)?

Basically my sister has an O2 contract phone from her work, but the phones available to her from work are pretty awful.

So she was wondering could she just buy the Nokia 6300 from carphone warehouse for €99 on speakeasy and simply switch her o2 contract sim card into it.

In advance thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yes. Is the long and The short of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes. and if she knows someone who's on o2 pre pay, she can give them the credit that comes with it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Thanks for the info agent smith and Commander Vimes.
    yes. and if she knows someone who's on o2 pre pay, she can give them the credit that comes with it

How would you go about doing that, I'm actually on o2 pre pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bk wrote: »
    Thanks for the info agent smith and Commander Vimes.

How would you go about doing that, I'm actually on o2 pre pay?

tell her to get an upgrade pack as opposed to one that comes with a new sim card. then get her to give you the imei (serial number) of the phone. you can get the imei either on the box the phone came in, under the battery or by typing *#06# on the main screen.

then log into the o2 site and register it in your name. you'll have to register your details on the site before you can register the upgrade

having just logged in i can tell you that to register the imei, click "claim speakeasy credit"->"claim your upgrade credit" and stick the imei in there

Advertisement