Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming off insurance..

Options
  • 07-01-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

On my way in today a taxi pulled out in front of me, I swerved to avoid him but ended up crashing. My wheels buckled and I broke my helmet, everything else seems fine apart from that. The taxi driver didn't care and when I asked him if he'd be paying for the repairs he said "see if my insurance will pay".

Anyway, I have phoned up Quinn and started a claim. Has anyone any similar experiences? Should I hold out on Quinn paying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Trampas

Report it to the Gardai first off.

You have all his details then I shouldn't see why not.

Write down everything about the accident know so you don't have to worry about forgetting anything.

Take pics of bike, helmet etc.

I have had a few knocks and always get yourself checkout by a doctor as what feels ok now might not later or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

That's extremely important. Go for a check-up, explaining to the doctor exactly what happened and how you fell. Get a receipt from him/her for the consultation charge and include it in your claim.

As well as the peace of mind this'll give you, you might end up teaching that jackass taxi driver not be so blasé about knocking down a cyclist.
    Trampas wrote: »

I have had a few knocks and always get yourself checkout by a doctor as what feels ok now might not later or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'd bet a fiver the driver is not the owner/insurer, hence the blase attitude. Note that if you ask a doctor for a medical report, expect to pay big bucks if it is for use in an insurance claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Medical report for an insurance claim is around the €200-250 mark. However the doctor will look you over and make the notes for the usual €45-50, the 200-250 is only if and when the report is required. The insurer will be paying presuming they lose/accept liability.

Advertisement