Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal relocation

• 07-01-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Hoping someone out there can provide some info. Myself and my wife are seriously considering relocating from Dublin to Donegal. Friendler people,more relaxed atmosphere, less traffic are the main reasons.

Our biggest concern is gaining employment, she works as a nurse so should have no trouble picking up work. Work for me however would be more of a problem. I work in product management for a telecoms company. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any companies in Donegal who my line of work would appeal to. Or any good local recruitment companies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This thread might be of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Moved to Donegal about six months ago from Dublin. My wife is from Donegal so not too bad for her. Took a couple of months to settle in but I'm really starting to enjoy it now. Our young son has plenty to do to keep occupied. Plenty of advantages, but I still miss Dublin the odd time, although whenever I drive down I cant wait to come back. Bit difficult to make friends but it certainly is a far superior standard of life here then back in Dublin in a dead housing estate.

Feel free to contact me for any other questions you may have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

bohsboy wrote: »
    Moved to Donegal about six months ago from Dublin. My wife is from Donegal so not too bad for her. Took a couple of months to settle in but I'm really starting to enjoy it now. Our young son has plenty to do to keep occupied. Plenty of advantages, but I still miss Dublin the odd time, although whenever I drive down I cant wait to come back. Bit difficult to make friends but it certainly is a far superior standard of life here then back in Dublin in a dead housing estate.

Feel free to contact me for any other questions you may have.
    Shouldn't you change your name to "finnharpsboy" now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I know, I've been a regular at Ballybofey for the last few months! Delighted with promotion as it means the beloved Bohs will be coming to town!

Advertisement