Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr/Ms Rite

Options
  • 07-01-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

How do we know that our mr/ms rite is really the rite one for us, what are the signs, what should we look for & what should we avoid.

I met someone yrs ago thought he was mr rite but just what, only it took me about 3yrs to realise that he wasn't, suppose when ur in love u only see the good and blank out the rest until something makes u wake up and smell the coffee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was thinking the exact same thing myself yesterday. I havent found Mr. Right but I'm assuming you just know. Although a few years down the line he might surprise you and you end back at square one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

You need to test them regularly to ensure that they continue to be mr/mrs right!

Tell them you are in a cult, if their feelings for you change it wasn't meant to be.

Also tell them a hot boy/gal is interested in you, therefore they ought to step it up a gear in the showing affection/kindness department, if they take this badly perhaps they are not as devoted to you as they should be.

In reality I have no idea, I think it is all about trust really, any day after you think you are in that happy Mr and Mrs right zone another person who you have no control over can bring all the cards tumbling down. Alternatively you can bring them tumbling down yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mizz Piggy

Very tru suppose we just have to trust our gut feelins most of the time, trust. loyality and honesty r really important to me, and why is it that wehn relationships end ur friends then decide to tell u that they didn't think he was good enough for u all along, ur friends r suppose to look out for u ain't they:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Mizz Piggy wrote: »
    Very tru suppose we just have to trust our gut feelins most of the time, trust. loyality and honesty r really important to me, and why is it that wehn relationships end ur friends then decide to tell u that they didn't think he was good enough for u all along, ur friends r suppose to look out for u ain't they:confused:

They say that to help you get over him. If they say 'oh he was perfect, you'll never meet anyone better' that's gonna send you into the pits of depression!!! They do generally mean it as you're clearly upset because of him and anything that hurts or upsets your friend you shouldnt approve of (does that make sense) :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You never know. Each time you fall in love you think they're perfect and the one for you. Throw a few years at it and the mad passion and sex wanes and the things that worried you right at the start will usually come right back to split you up and you wonder why you were with them. They're the signs. Try to remember when you met and the little things that irritated you or concerned you, but where glossed over by the lurrve? They're the things that'll cause a split if nothing changes, as that's their default setting that comes out when the romance is kaput.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hmmph. i dont know. but i trust my boyfriend, and he trusts me,and neither of us have had an easy ride of life, and have had every excuse to mistrust each other, and people in general... but still.. together, we can talk about things we cant talk about to anyone else, we feel so happy, problems seem less significant...

i just feel happier. and, well, i love ireland, and i love the town ive lived in my entire life. nad i lovemy friends dearly, and ive moved country.... and im missing everyone so much... but his presence is balancing that out for me...
    im crazy about him. and i wouldnt give him up for anything or anyone in th world.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

hi narco,

what times it in kiwi land?

know uv had a few, so CHEER UP.
    :p

what ? im happy! i trust my b/f and he trusts me! waht's not to be happy about?!

it's... emm.. .7.44am...

if you're referring to me mentioning i miss home... well of course i do... i cried with sadness when the plane left dublin, and again,when it landed in london. i cried with happiness and generally mixed emotions when it landed in auckland, and with pure happiness when it landed in christchurch.

i love being here, i love having my man here, to look after, and to look after me. i'm not sad right now, i acknowledge things as they are, but im happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

awww glad to hear it.
    sorry musta taken u up wrong. (hav been stuck at home sick wit flu lst few days & think im slowly losing it!!) :D

hav u moved 4 good?
    my best friend went for a 2 week holiday to china & hasnt come back. that was a year ago now, hes madly in love with china & a girl he met there.

i hope so. i have a guaranteed year's visa here. we'll figure the rest out as it comes. but, if all goes well, i wont be home for a few years yet.

china looks amazing, btw. stopped over a coupla times on the way over here, nad the landscape is just breathtaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

narco wrote: »
    what ? im happy! i trust my b/f and he trusts me! waht's not to be happy about?!

it's... emm.. .7.44am...

if you're referring to me mentioning i miss home... well of course i do... i cried with sadness when the plane left dublin, and again,when it landed in london. i cried with happiness and generally mixed emotions when it landed in auckland, and with pure happiness when it landed in christchurch.

i love being here, i love having my man here, to look after, and to look after me. i'm not sad right now, i acknowledge things as they are, but im happy :)

It's ok Narco. I'm with you on this one! I know when I get on the plane to NZ I'll be sobbing, even though I can't wait to go and I'm with my man who wants to go home badly.

I feel better you said you were so happy you landed when you landed in Christchurch. Hopefully I'll get over the sobbing after half an hour of the flight!

ha! i just hope you're on quantos, though... ****ing pacific airlines are absolute bitches as far as entertainment go... qantos ftw!

i cried leaving ireland, cos ... well... y'no... and then landing in london... leavin irelnad was final. by the time i left london, i was tired and emotionless, same for landing/leaving hong kong... by the time in got to auckland though, i was bawling... poor kiwis beside me didnt know what to think, lol... i'd look out the window, my eyes would well up, i would start crying, get some funny looks, then some time to myself, then some more time to cry....

but **** it... we are leaving a beautiful country...and, i dont know aboyut you... but i left some awesome, incredible, irreplacable friends behind... and im gonna miss em like crazy... probably more than they'll ever miss me... but still, i bawled landing in chch, and hell, i cried like a baby when i was finally in the arms i wanted to be in.

you ever need a shoulder or PM, watna... hell, im here...

lol, and ill be PMingyou myself to make more sense of hte immigration system... *coughcough*...

ha! i just hope you're on quantos, though... ****ing pacific airlines are absolute bitches as far as entertainment go... qantos ftw!

i cried leaving ireland, cos ... well... y'no... and then landing in london... leavin irelnad was final. by the time i left london, i was tired and emotionless, same for landing/leaving hong kong... by the time in got to auckland though, i was bawling... poor kiwis beside me didnt know what to think, lol... i'd look out the window, my eyes would well up, i would start crying, get some funny looks, then some time to myself, then some more time to cry....

but **** it... we are leaving a beautiful country...and, i dont know aboyut you... but i left some awesome, incredible, irreplacable friends behind... and im gonna miss em like crazy... probably more than they'll ever miss me... but still, i bawled landing in chch, and hell, i cried like a baby when i was finally in the arms i wanted to be in.

you ever need a shoulder or PM, watna... hell, im here...

lol, and ill be PMingyou myself to make more sense of hte immigration system... *coughcough*...

Aww, thanks for that narco. It's just a pity we won't be living in the same city. That would have been convenient! It'll be nice to have someone to PM when I get there anyway, seeming as I'll only know my other half.

I think I'll be ok once I get in to the flight. It's our intention to come back to Ireland in a year or two so I'm not going forever. I'll just cry after saying bye to my parents, I know my mum will cry. She thinks I'll never come back!

And yes, We're flying with Qantas. I've heard good things.

At least it sounds like you're sure you met your Mr Right. I guess it's worth it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

If they are there for you for the tough times, if they make you feel happy, if you are head over heals in love, if they make you want to be a better person, if you would be willing to be there for them in tough times. I have met my ideal man in my husband - have never been happier with him.

watna wrote: »
    Aww, thanks for that narco. It's just a pity we won't be living in the same city. That would have been convenient! It'll be nice to have someone to PM when I get there anyway, seeming as I'll only know my other half.

I think I'll be ok once I get in to the flight. It's our intention to come back to Ireland in a year or two so I'm not going forever. I'll just cry after saying bye to my parents, I know my mum will cry. She thinks I'll never come back!

And yes, We're flying with Qantas. I've heard good things.

At least it sounds like you're sure you met your Mr Right. I guess it's worth it then!
    agh, sure, if you're travelling, im sure you'll hit chch eventually! it's not as boring as the north islanders will have you think :P

defo PM me as soon as you need it... i really did cry for a good bit the first few days, i was just at a complete loss... happy?sad?... WAAAAHHHHHHHH...!

i didnt cry saying bye to my parents, though i did cry saying bye to my mates... some of whom i made promise to say that they'd meet me later to say bye properly, and then fail to turn up, so i'd avoid saying bye but they knew that i was thinking of them.

yes, that's how bad i was.

anywho, i've done the journey 4 times with qantos and once with pacific airlines, and ****ing enjoy every minute with qantos! hell, if you get homesick, lonely, scared or anythign out htere... PM me... tis always good to hear from some sort of hmoe....

and... one of my b/f's best mates loves skiing, and comes home form oz to ski every winter, so, on the offchance (likelihood) he brings me, and then leaves me on the beginner slopes... you up for some fun...?! :P)

agh, sure, if you're travelling, im sure you'll hit chch eventually! it's not as boring as the north islanders will have you think :P

defo PM me as soon as you need it... i really did cry for a good bit the first few days, i was just at a complete loss... happy?sad?... WAAAAHHHHHHHH...!

i didnt cry saying bye to my parents, though i did cry saying bye to my mates... some of whom i made promise to say that they'd meet me later to say bye properly, and then fail to turn up, so i'd avoid saying bye but they knew that i was thinking of them.

yes, that's how bad i was.

anywho, i've done the journey 4 times with qantos and once with pacific airlines, and ****ing enjoy every minute with qantos! hell, if you get homesick, lonely, scared or anythign out htere... PM me... tis always good to hear from some sort of hmoe....

and... one of my b/f's best mates loves skiing, and comes home form oz to ski every winter, so, on the offchance (likelihood) he brings me, and then leaves me on the beginner slopes... you up for some fun...?! :P)

Sounds good! Me and the bf are planning a trip to Queenstown in July for a weeks skiing. Unfortunately ,we're both big skiers (we're just back from a week in Austria) so we might not be able to join you on the nursery slopes, but we could certainly do some apres ski! I'll PM you when I know when we're going anyway!

Oh dear, this has gone ever so slightly off topic. Jules will be after us!

lol, ill be in chch, the whole time, probably... treavelling is not an option relaly till we both ahve jobs... which could take several year....

haha, defo PM us well in advance... i'd love to go queenstown (hell, if you're up for a tandom skydive...), ill defo be in touch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I don't believe in the whole idea of "The One" or that there is a Mr or Ms Right out there for you.

I would say though that I have found "Mr As-Good-As-It-Gets" though. There isn't much I'd change about him (apart from his huge forgetfulness).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Haven't found one yet:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Well for me it is the fact that he makes me feel beautiful and I know I can trust him 100% and I know he will be there in the good and the bad times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You know you're missed too. :)

Are you the farmer? ;):D

stop saying that damo! of course im the ****ing farmer!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Mizz Piggy wrote: »
    why is it that wehn relationships end ur friends then decide to tell u that they didn't think he was good enough for u all along, ur friends r suppose to look out for u ain't they:confused:

Sometimes you don't want to listen to your friends... Sometimes you keep things from them because you are afraid of what their reaction will be because you know what you yourself would do if the roles were reversed!! Its easier to give advice than to take it!

Sometimes we're just so afraid of being on our own that being with someone we know isn't exactly right for us seems a better option - and what is a friend supposed to do in this situation?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Holy dead thread resurrection Batman! :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Sorry, just felt some of the things the OP asked were relevant in relation to Mr/Ms Rite and how do you know if they are the one or not...

I thought I had met the one but someone who consistently hurts you obviously isn't it!!

And as for friends' reactions - its a discussion I had recently with my best friend that she refers to all of my boyfriends as lovely and perfect for me when I am with them and then tells me she hated them when we split...

just wondering how others feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

"How do we know that our mr/ms rite is really the rite one for us"

Normally, she already has a boyfriend :rolleyes:

I'm quite a romantic, as a result of a mother who raised us on 4 or 5 albums(!), I don't doubt the POTENTIAL for the 'head over heals' stuff, but I haven't found it yet.

I still have some faith in the idea of 'Mrs Right', but I don't know if its worth waiting for...You could be waiting a long time. Truthfully, it'll be luck that'll find your Mr./Missus Right. My mam and dad are madly in love, and its very real, and to be honest its easy to be jealous of that....I'm sure in time things'll fall into place, but at 19 years old I don't think much about Missus right. She'll probably slap me in the face some night and say "what're ya doing with yerself!"

I live my life well in the hope Missus right will see me some night and go 'God, he's alright'. Reckon thats the best you can do. Just don't do anything stupid in the meanwhile! I don't think you can justify a million senseless nights if you truly beleive you'll eventually find another half.

As for the 'Mr.Right' thread, I imagine its not the first time its come up in the Ladies Lounge/After Hours/anywhere else, human nature to wonder about all that stuff. I wouldn't give it TOO much thought though. Time time time. Keep the faith ;)

And as for friends' reactions - its a discussion I had recently with my best friend that she refers to all of my boyfriends as lovely and perfect for me when I am with them and then tells me she hated them when we split...

just wondering how others feel!

I wish I had friends like that. A couple of mine are constantly making you aware that they think your "catch" fall shorts falls short of the benchmark set by their darling. :confused:

Delicately containing my opinions isn't a particularly strong suit of mine.
    On more than one occasion I've ended up feeling the wrath of forgiving girlfriends.

Have to say though, a few of my friends have boyfriends who I wouldn't naturally gel with. As much as I might not particularly like them myself.
    I can appreciate the benefits they bring to my friends. Even though it will be secret high fives all around if they disappear off the scene. I would never feel the need to make the friends aware of my feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah you can't compare, you just can't know or help who you fall for no matter how much you try! (Just make sure the person you do fall for is willing to catch you ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

25 years on, my parents are still mad about each other (not in a disturbing way!).

I want that. Pity those details don't come in the instruction manual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I think its the Mr Right / Mrs Right talk that gets one into trouble before the off.
    As we get older our wants, needs, attitudes and goals change. You would have to be very fortunate to get someone to be able to do this in perfect alignment with you, or even be understanding about it.

Advertisement