Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Vs PC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

€70 per game? You must be mad, you can easily pick up 80% of new
    releases for much less, Virgin have specials for €55 on new releases
    and Play-Asia can get you new releases for €35-45.

Regradless you can still pick up PC games for a hell of alot less, you'll get deals on Pc games too remember. if you're going to do varying prices, at least be fair and do it to both formats.

For me mods bring alot to the PC, some of the battlefields mods are better than the game, i got years of play out of homeworld2 and the various mods out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

And €1400 for a tv to go with a 360... Pah... U can get LCDs for way less.. Mate has a 32" Mirai that he got for €410 n its perfect for the 360. Better pic quality than the 22" dell he was using beforehand...

So u can get a premium and 32" lcd for about €800. As was said games are mostly about €55 n u can trade them in when ur done... not possible with pc titles(then again, there is adverts) Add a nice laptop(dell vostros on sale at the mo that could handle a bit of light gaming, counter strike, cod etc).. Say €700.

Thats ur console n PC gaming all in for €1500...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Your pc wont give you the 3 red lights either :rolleyes:

Its down to personal preference really... I myself find them both good, once I get a job though ill be back upgrading my pc aswell as buying games for my 360 :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Keyboard and Mouse might be more accurate, but I'd take a console controller over it any day. I never liked using the keyboard for games, it was designed for typing and I find using WASD to move around and things like the tab key to bring up scoreboards just plain unintuitive.

Console controllers fit into the hand nicely, all the buttons are easily within reach and on the 360 controller for example the triggers feel great (better than clicking a mouse). It's a much more user friendly way of controlling the game in my opinion.

samsamson wrote: »
    Keyboard and Mouse might be more accurate, but I'd take a console controller over it any day. I never liked using the keyboard for games, it was designed for typing and I find using WASD to move around and things like the tab key to bring up scoreboards just plain unintuitive.

Console controllers fit into the hand nicely, all the buttons are easily within reach and on the 360 controller for example the triggers feel great (better than clicking a mouse). It's a much more user friendly way of controlling the game in my opinion.

lol that reminds me of a friend who couldnt reach ctrl on a keyboard to crouch , god he went mad.. He had to set it to F :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Dcully wrote: »
    forgot to mention, i cant play guitar hero3 on pc

Yes ya can....and its FREE! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fair play for posting that, Dcully! And glad to see you're getting on well with pad gaming now too, "You'll get the hang of it" is the kind of thing we'd always say but until you've tried it and gotten used to it there's no way to really convince people. I'm not online much atm but feel free to drop me a friend request anyway (GT: psychokitten) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

samsamson wrote: »

I can never use the default WASD keyboard set up. Too many keys cramped together. I have to remap the basic controls to the arrow keys for movement, right control for jump and 0\Ins for crouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

You say that you find it easier to use a pad than keyboard and mouse, there is a auto aim on consoles for a reason, did you ever try to play without it, well i found it impossible. I Prefare PC for a few reasons, mouse is much easier to aim with than a stick, servers arn't set up by people who when someone does something on their PC it effects the game and when they leave you get disconnected, also the community I can't say all gaming people on console are annoying 10 year olds but it seems to have alot as with pc there are only usually one or two per server, it is a bit unfair to say that because i know there are decent players on it but they're harder to find, also the player count, what is it? max 16 players? nothing beats bf2 highway tampa with 64 players and clans arn't really clans. Well that's my take on it anyway.

You say that you find it easier to use a pad than keyboard and mouse, there is a auto aim on consoles for a reason, did you ever try to play without it, well i found it impossible. I Prefare PC for a few reasons, mouse is much easier to aim with than a stick, servers arn't set up by people who when someone does something on their PC it effects the game and when they leave you get disconnected, also the community I can't say all gaming people on console are annoying 10 year olds but it seems to have alot as with pc there are only usually one or two per server, it is a bit unfair to say that because i know there are decent players on it but they're harder to find, also the player count, what is it? max 16 players? nothing beats bf2 highway tampa with 64 players and clans arn't really clans. Well that's my take on it anyway.

Yea theres auto aim in COD4, ive said it loads but portal is impossible with a controller, im not talknig about the main game now just the extra challenges ive been at it months and haven't finished it!

Xbox360 pad wins for comfort but not for accuracy! Mouse/Keybord defo more accurate. Saying that though I do find the Keyboard and mouse comfortable cause ive used it alot and im used to it!

Also I checked it WASD are only slightly more cramped than ABXY on the pad... ONLY SLIGHTY if not the same! Arrow keys would be the same!

but theres nothing like sitting back and playing some viva pinata with a pad lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement