Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

18' Alloy wheels question.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

blackbox wrote: »
    As for the lowered suspension....maybe you should consider a different 147.

Point taken, I had the same reservations myself, I'll take a closer look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bretttp1 wrote: »
    Point taken, I had the same reservations myself, I'll take a closer look.

16s with lowered suspension is a good combination on a car like that provided it isn't the cheapest kit wih the biggest drop. Ask him exactly how it was lowered. If it's only 20mm- I'd get a set of 17s for it. If it's more, stick to the 16's and if it's lowered a lot, re-consider.

(ps you'll get a lot of anti-alfa sentiment here so be just objective and use common sense and don't be put off by scare tactics)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Um, if it is lowered then by putting on the 16"s rather than the 18"s he's effectively lowering it another inch all round, no?

milltown wrote: »
    Um, if it is lowered then by putting on the 16"s rather than the 18"s he's effectively lowering it another inch all round, no?

antodeco wrote: »
    Yup, if in doubt about size/speed variances:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

D'oh!

Well I suppose if he decides to fit tyres too, that changes things entirely. :o

In my defence, I'm on nights this week so I'm just out of bed.

• Advertisement

milltown wrote: »
    D'oh!

Well I suppose if he decides to fit tyres too, that changes things entirely. :o

In my defence, I'm on nights this week so I'm just out of bed.

Round of applause for milltown cos he's alright...

Advertisement