Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal without ATM card?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I’ve lost my ATM card and need to withdraw cash from my BOI account today. Does anyone know if it would be possible to withdraw the money from the bank teller using just an ID and account number? It’s not a huge amount - about €220.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you have ID (photo plus proof of address), and you go to the branch you have your account in they *may* let you, but it would be entirely at their discretion - especially these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Hi Op,
    of course you can.
    its generally best to bring in your drivers license as ID as it will show both your address & be proof of id.
    (is it the same address as your account is registered to?)
    take care. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I'd say almost definitely: I've done it lots of times. I lose my wallet on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've done it without issue on plenty of occasion. Just brought my passport/driving license. Both in Ulster Bank & AIB.

Advertisement