Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Digibeta to DVD or Computer format.

• 07-01-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is anyone able to transfer Digibeta tapes to DVD (or computer file)?
    Or perhaps does anyone know of a company that does it at a reasonable price?

Or does anyone know if I can hire/buy the equipment to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

speedy21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Are you looking to reedit this stuff or just have a copy on dvd to watch?
    What sort of computer file are you looking for? The dvd route would probably be the cheapest route, as if you were looking to get video data files facilities would charge an arm and a leg as it would most likely be run under an edit hire rate.
    Thanks

You could rent the equipment, but again it's expensive enough. If you can provide more info on what you want to do with the footage, and what equipment you have to hand/intend using it would give a better indication of what route is best.

Also you should try looking at the iftn for contact details for the different post houses around the place.
    http://www.iftn.ie/post-production/editing/Editing_sub/DigitalNonLinearEditing/
    http://www.iftn.ie/post-production/duplication/duplication/DVD&VideoDuplication/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply...

The tapes contain roughly 15/20 minute clips.
    I would d be looking to re-edit the content, the aim is to eventually compile a video podcast, so the quality wouldn't need to be too high.

I would be just using a computer with premiere pro to edit the finished product.

Any info/advice at all is welcome.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

DVD would probably then be the cheapest route. You would just need to re-encode the video files to a format that premiere likes. You could rip the vob from the dvd and rename it .mpg and import it, premier should see the video fine but may not like the audio (as it'll most likely be ac3 dolby audio as most places use dvd recorders for dvd dubs). Or else just convert the vob to an avi or dv file.

As for prices, best to ring around and see what places will charge for:
    a) a straight dvd copy
    b) a dv file (you may need to provide an external drive for that as files could be quite large)

Personally i'd get the dvd and use mpeg stream clip (free) to convert the dvd to a dv file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 King of Faces

speedy21 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    PM me, and I'll do it for free.

Advertisement