Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekday Football 7th-11th Jan

Options
  • 07-01-2008 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Three picks I've had my eye on since the weekend. I've backed them all but I'm waiting for additional news before committing a bit more.

Gloucester v Cheshunt.
    Due to big problems at the club, Cheshunt only fielded 2 regular first teamers at the weekend and lost 6 nil. I'm waiting for updates but I think it'll be more of them same here.
    Gloucester win @ 8/15.

Oxford Utd v Weymouth.
    Weymouth are another club with problems. 1 point earned since October 20th. They've made a couple of new signings but I'm going for in form Oxford to do them.
    Oxford win @ 8/11

Chelsea v Everton.
    1st leg of the carling cup. Chelsea are likely to be depleted cos of injuries and the african nations cup. They're unbalanced, probably a bit knackered, and have been struggling to grind out results against weaker opposition for a while now, even Newcastle outplayed them ffs. No Pienaar for Everton which is a pity but Everton are good enough to get a result here. Everton's defence is solid and I can't see where Chelsea's goals are going to come from.
    Everton +1 @ Evens
    Everton Draw No Bet @ 11/4. (down to 5/2 now I think)

I also like Seville's chances against Barcelona but I'm waiting for more info there as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PRICEWISE2008

paulizei wrote: »
    Three picks I've had my eye on since the weekend. I've backed them all but I'm waiting for additional news before committing a bit more.

Gloucester v Cheshunt.
    Due to big problems at the club, Cheshunt only fielded 2 regular first teamers at the weekend and lost 6 nil. I'm waiting for updates but I think it'll be more of them same here.
    Gloucester win @ 8/15.

Oxford Utd v Weymouth.
    Weymouth are another club with problems. 1 point earned since October 20th. They've made a couple of new signings but I'm going for in form Oxford to do them.
    Oxford win @ 8/11

Chelsea v Everton.
    1st leg of the carling cup. Chelsea are likely to be depleted cos of injuries and the african nations cup. They're unbalanced, probably a bit knackered, and have been struggling to grind out results against weaker opposition for a while now, even Newcastle outplayed them ffs. No Pienaar for Everton which is a pity but Everton are good enough to get a result here. Everton's defence is solid and I can't see where Chelsea's goals are going to come from.
    Everton +1 @ Evens
    Everton Draw No Bet @ 11/4. (down to 5/2 now I think)

I also like Seville's chances against Barcelona but I'm waiting for more info there as well.

Very interesting pointers..little bit iffy myself about Everton after Saturdays' result , but an excellent shout..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Think Everton are playing really well at the moment (despite the Oldham disaster) and should get something from this.

Also Sevilla to beat Barca is a good shout as Barca are terrible at the moment esp. away from home while Sevilla are playing great stuff.
    Best chance of a trpohy for both teams as well. Does anyone know if these Copa del rey games are on TV anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

For tonight I have/had - Inter Milan Over 2.5 goals, Belenenses v Nacional Draw/Draw and finally Torquay v Burton over 3.5 goals....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Nacional have a few players out. I've gone for Belenenses, and cleansheet.

All my other Portugal picks have failed this weekend mind. :(

I just put a jff bet on Torquay v Burton CS = 3-2 @ 33-1

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    For tonight I have/had - Inter Milan Over 2.5 goals, Belenenses v Nacional Draw/Draw and finally Torquay v Burton over 3.5 goals....
    What odds did you get on the draw/draw?

5.20 on betfair... I couldn't turn it down

Last bet of the day;

Minnesota @ Dallas - Over 5.5 goals @ 2.22 (BF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

1st bet €30 treble potential return €169.32

Swansea v Brighton - Swansea to win at 4/6, they have won 4 and drawn 1 in there last 5 outings scoring 20 goals so are a team in form. Might be worth looking at the odds for overs 3.5 currently 9/4 on Blue Square

Altrincham v Kiddmr Harriers - Harriers to win at 11/10 they have won their last 5 away games and are 6 for 6 on form. Altrincham have lost there last 2 and are out of form at the moment.

Oxford v Weymouth - Oxford to win at 8/13 for reasons stated in previous post

2nd bet €20 "treble gambool" potential return €189.00

everton +1 @ 11/10 - close game hopeful everton can pull off a performance
    rangers @ 1/3 - should be an easy win
    orient draw @ 9/4 - just has draw written all over it

What do people think about the Carling cup tonight?

I'm smelling 2 draws to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i think chelsea-everton could be a boring 0-0 no goalscorer on paddy power is 15/2 so ill probably have a small bet on that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

everton +1 @ 11/10 - close game hopeful everton can pull off a performance

I think that is a great bet. Chelsea are seriously lacking firepower and Everton have a great chance I think

Everton will miss Arteta lot, that's my only reservation. But he missed the game at Man Utd too and they played well there. Chelsea have bigger problems and have been very lucky with their last few results so I'm sticking with Everton + 1 and a couple of quid on 0-1, 0-2 CS in addition to the draw no bet @ 11/4 I took earlier.

just looking around some other betting foums and seems that people are backing Everton....

Swansea v Brighton - Swansea to win at 4/6, they have won 4 and drawn 1 in there last 5 outings scoring 20 goals so are a team in form. Might be worth looking at the odds for overs 3.5 currently 9/4 on Blue Square
    Careful there, it's a paint trophy game, a chance for the reserves to get a go, and Swansea's fixture list is chockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Everton will miss Arteta lot, that's my only reservation.

Also lost battle to use 14 day rule to keep Pinnear from the ANC.

Saying that Chelsea have been iffy of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Careful there, it's a paint trophy game, a chance for the reserves to get a go, and Swansea's fixture list is chockers.

yes good point, its the only reservation i have

Time of First Booking - Up to and Including the 29th minute @ 10/11 looks quite good to me. Chelsea are durty. Everton are pretty clean but without the creative Arteta, I'd expect them to be fairly physical, as they were against Man Utd when there were 6 yellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

just looking around some other betting foums and seems that people are backing Everton....

A few of the bookies have readjusted their markets towards Everton. This however tempts me back towards Chelsea. William Hill are 5/6 on them now. On Betfair you can get 10/11 or so. This just seems very big to me now.

These thoughts put me away from Swansea. I put a small lay on them at 1.74

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I have gone for Everton +1 @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

I've gone with Rangers at 10/11 for the double result with Terry Rogers tonight. I think that's a great price and they will win comfortably imo. Many other firms have the double result at 4/6. Here's hoping :cool:, also have a very small punt on Everton ht Chelsea ft.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My bet for the evening as follows: 4.39 on Betfair:

1 St Mirren v Rangers (Backing Rangers @ 1.36)
    2 Chelsea v Everton (Laying Chelsea @ 2.02)
    3 Oxford Utd v Weymouth (Backing Oxford Utd @ 1.63)

Fingers Crossed.....

In everton we trust :p

1 St Mirren v Rangers (Backing Rangers @ 1.36)
    2 Chelsea v Everton (Backing Everton @ 4.55)

30 on @ 6.18

Sorry folks. Rangers match is off due to waterlogged pitch.

4 on Neville to score at anytime @ 32.0
    6 on Lescott to score at anytime @ 11.5

Chance my arm :)

Time of First Booking - Up to and Including the 29th minute @ 10/11 looks quite good to me. Chelsea are durty. Everton are pretty clean but without the creative Arteta, I'd expect them to be fairly physical, as they were against Man Utd when there were 6 yellows.
    7:50 Booking
    Foul by Michael Ballack (Chelsea) on Phil Neville (Everton). Lee Carsley (Everton) booked for dissent.

Well I'm up a bit for now. Not enough to cover any potential losses though.

7:50 Booking
    Foul by Michael Ballack (Chelsea) on Phil Neville (Everton). Lee Carsley (Everton) booked for dissent.

Well I'm up a bit for now. Not enough to cover any potential losses though.

Good call. I might get on the sending off. Looks like it might be a heated affair...

Oops. Soft goal.

• Advertisement

Oh lescott and howard I could bash your 2 heads together! I was watching the match with my brother and he had under 2.5 goals done so we were both quids in...

The joys of gambling!

Boards then went down last night so I could not share my pain with anyone :)

Advertisement