Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atom.ie - anybody used them before?

• 07-01-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Atom.ie

Was searching everywhere for the cheapest place to buy 2 VGA cables (M > M) from? Elara were looking for €13.50 (for delivery alone) and Dabs.ie were charging about €14 for 2 (with shipping).

But best i could get was €12.35 from this crowd.. have just ordered them but has anyone used them before? Can't find much about them online.

Site looks a bit "amateur-ish" so has me slightly concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

McAfee site advisor has not rated the site yet. Link

Site looks okay. I doubt it's a fake site as a serious amount of work went into it.
    I find the site slow and difficult to navigate and that puts me off. Should have more sub-menus etc.

Let us know how you got on with delivery etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got an e-mail from them today:
    Thank you for your order.

Unfortunately delivery has been delayed due to high winds affecting shipping. You should have your order tomorrow or the following day.
    Nice of them to let me know but their offices are in Ennis and Dublin - are they using carrier pigeons?! :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Probably on a bulk order from the UK or something.
    They probably never even see the stock they sell you, it's how that sort of business works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

basquille wrote: »
    Nice of them to let me know but their offices are in Ennis and Dublin - are they using carrier pigeons?! :confused:;)

ha ha ha ha - hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

A bit late now, but if you are only ordering a couple of cables kenable.co.uk is always worth checking out. I'll be ordering a hdmi + optical cable from them for about €11 including P & P. I've used them before and had no problem.

• Advertisement

Cheers butts. Only £2 for VGA Cables there.. where were you last week?! :D

Kinda wanted to go with an Irish shop as i wanted them fairly quick.

VGA Cables arrived by courier this morning...

.. massive box for two small cables.

Girlfriend shook the box and heard something rattle inside - she opened it and found two American quarters (25c) in the bottom of the box. No idea why...! :confused:

Anyways, it took 3 - 4 days so recommend them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Their site prices are EX VAT & their minimum delivery charge is €10

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Their site prices are EX VAT & their minimum delivery charge is €10

-
    Nah. Ordered two of these myself. From the confirmation e-mail I got:
    YOUR ORDER ITEMS:
    Belkin Monitor VGA Cable DB15 (Male to Male) 2m, 2 @ €2.21 each.

SHIPPING & HANDLING:
    €7.00

TAX:
    €0.93

YOUR ORDER TOTAL:
    €12.35
    And my credit card was charged €12.35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Am I being a bit naive in thinking that any site that is .ie should be ok? (Based on the fact that you must be a registered company to get a .ie domain.)

Like if I saw a site that was .ie I'd be a lot less likely to think it was a scam against a .com... This me being stupid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Anyone can register an .ie these days. Rules were changed recently that allow you to register your own name. i.e. www.firstnamelastname.ie

And if you want a business name, you can register a business name with the CRO for €25. Then apply for a .ie for a business name. No requirement to file accounts or anything.

Certainly in general, .ie's are probably more "reliable" than .com's which can be bought in 30 secs. But I wouldn't have a completely blinkered view of them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeanArt

Hi,

Just been searching online for printer from Irish supplier (want it quick without expensive shipping from the UK).

Anyway, I came across Atom.ie and thought I'd check them out on Boards - it seems they have updated their site and it looks fairly reputable with 1890 number and address in Shannon.

Has anyone bought from this crowd recently - they offer a guaranteed lowest online price. Is this too good to be true?

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conor6768

Hi

Have bought a few products of these guys, must say never had any problems, called the Shannon office one day as I was unsure about a product and found them very helpful, highly recommend them........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Cheers conor6768,
    Nice of ya to register here and tell us. Much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Advertisement