Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kevin Street Wit at exam time

Options
  • 07-01-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Was just wonderning did any one see your man in the Gym cheating.Twas quite a spectical.He was just taking his occasional glance to refreash at his wee cheat note behind the calculator (as one would do), but unfortunetly one of the female examiners was on the ball.What followed next was a series of shocking and hilarious actions.
    > She stormed over,demanding to see his calculator.
    > She dosn't wait for any reply and attempts a quick grab.
    > He matchs her dexterity and also reachs over.
    > They wrestle for a bit.
    > He rapidly pulls the evidence out of the calculator.
    > He stuffs the paper into a tiny ball.
    > He destroys the evidence by putting it into his giant gob.
    > He washes it down with a drop of water.
    > He smiles.
    > She dosn't

DIT - What we lack in effort and honesty we make up for in Ingenuity and speed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

What exam was it?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

Was his exam confiscated? Was he told to leave? Or was he just allowed to continue on. Do tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Christ, my only exam hilarity happened in UL when a girl coughed for about 20 seconds, left out an outrageous fart and promptly fell on the floor of the gym unconscious!

But yeah what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Hah... wow. That's gas. :)

Where do they get the supervisor types from anyhows... some of them are totally clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

sunnyjim wrote: »
    What exam was it?! :eek:

Not too sure what Course/Year he is doing, but it was one of the two o'clock to four subjects in the gym.
    It was mad really,the examiner just says that she knowshe was cheating and apparently he was allowed to cary with his exam!
    Logic says do that his test was probably taken up after and the examiners wrote a note saying he was cheating (well lets hope the examiners have some logic and they did something along those lines, they do seem rather thick do....).
    But cheating is meant to be a huge thing in college.Theres meant to be some serious repercussions....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I heard about this, he was only a few feet in front of me, but yet I didn't see the event happening. What a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Heard about that aswell! Also, in the gym today during the 2pm - 4pm exam a guy up the front of the hall had a phone on him which rang midway. I wonder do DIT actually do anything to these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Cheating is taken very seriously. People have gotten lengthy suspensions for it. Will be interesting to see what they do to this guy as there's no evidence other than what the supervisor saw/claims she saw. What a tool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

As far as i remember the student is usually allowed to finish the exam but then has to attend a panel of enquiry afterwards. If its confirmed the student was cheating they can be banned from taking any exams for a number of years or they could be expelled from the programme entirely.

I've noticed this year that some of the supervisors are all about the wiley methods of cheating, like hidden contents in your pencil case, calculator etc, but seem completely oblivious to the guy sitting across from me who repeated took notes out of his pocket for a quick refresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Yea, I've also seen formulas written on tables of the exam hall. Can be vey easily done, unfortunately.

Tipp-Ex mice + a compass...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i cheated on an exam this year, i used google during the exam :p

Cremo wrote: »
    i cheated on an exam this year, i used google during the exam :p

On your phone or did they have you infront of a computer?

front of a computer, internet was allowed so long as webmail/IM clients weren't open, still not technically cheating but it sure as hell felt like it.

Wow... I want your exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Cremo wrote: »
    front of a computer, internet was allowed so long as webmail/IM clients weren't open, still not technically cheating but it sure as hell felt like it.

Its not cheating, she says your allowed to use anything that is "out there" for the UIP exam.

aye i know not cheating in the traditional sense, still though felt odd being able to google in an exam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Ah cr@p! I was exactly a week too late to see that, only exam I had in the gym was 2pm on Mon 14th...would have loved to have seen that!
    I was in Gleeson hall for one and some guy had obviously sat in the wrong row. The invidualator (or whatever) insisted that he take this Masters in Computing paper, even though he was telling her it wasnt the right one! it was hilarious, she kept tapping it, and pushing it towards him while he kept pushing it away! Great way to get rid of butterflies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Tipp-Ex mice + a compass...

how does this work ?
    tell us more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

green123 wrote: »
    how does this work ?
    tell us more
    I'm guessing he means one of These and you can mark on them with a compass!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

I never saw someone cheat in an exam but I did see 1 old mature lady in an english literature exam delve into her pencil case halfway through the exam and take a mouthful of gin from one of those minature bottles, she took on a new life soon afterwards, she wrote like a devil!!

yoyo wrote: »
    I'm guessing he means one of These and you can mark on them with a compass!

Nick

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

back in secondary the mother got these free esb pens which had this little bit at the side that pulled out a little sheet of paper with tips on how to be enviromentaly friendly and on the other side it was completely blank, just begging to have forumlas and stuff written on it. and lookin at the pen, u'd never have known there was a pull out yoke with a roll of paper. I never did get round to taking advantage of em, mainly cos i didn't need to and/or lost em but it remains one of the best ways of cheating in an exam i've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I remember in school, one of the lads got a note from the doctor saying he had diarrhea, and was allowed go to the toilet during the exam. Supposedly he had a small pda with him, with loads of notes in it.So he'd read the paper, figure out which questions he didnt know - or just get some quotes / formulas and then head to the toilets and have a look at the PDA.

Good idea, but there's only so many exams you can get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Cheatint is an artform perfected by many students..
    The biggest cheater i knew always ast right up the front and the supervisor looked right past him as he cheated. He once ripped a whole chapter out of a law book for an exam and brough it in with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

Sundy wrote: »
    Cheatint is an artform perfected by many students..
    The biggest cheater i knew always ast right up the front and the supervisor looked right past him as he cheated. He once ripped a whole chapter out of a law book for an exam and brough it in with him.

Im one of the lucky students who is intialted to a laptop and own room for all exams... so while everyone else is in Gleason hall or the Gym im on the 1st floor ...

in the past i used to hand up my answers in the books ans on floopy disk(diagrams in Answer book) but this years the Geniuses gave me a USB key... lol and as it happens i have the same usb as the one that i was given to hand up my exams on... so let your mind wander with all the posiblitys...

espechaily if the examiner is one of the students in the focus building who was on the town the night before.. where all they do is sit in the corner and sleep or play on the spare laptop hehe...

DIT suckers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Im one of the lucky students who is intialted to a laptop and own room for all exams... so while everyone else is in Gleason hall or the Gym im on the 1st floor ...

in the past i used to hand up my answers in the books ans on floopy disk(diagrams in Answer book) but this years the Geniuses gave me a USB key... lol and as it happens i have the same usb as the one that i was given to hand up my exams on... so let your mind wander with all the posiblitys...

espechaily if the examiner is one of the students in the focus building who was on the town the night before.. where all they do is sit in the corner and sleep or play on the spare laptop hehe...

DIT suckers
    Lol!!!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SeriouslyNow

DIT suckers

I have just forwarded on your message to the DIT authorities along with your name and email address and they will take it from there. Exams in collage are serious as standards need to be met.

To be honest, your disregard for the examinations is appalling. Lots of people every year work hard and complete their examinations in an honest and respectful manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have just forwarded on your message to the DIT authorities along with your name and email address and they will take it from there. Exams in collage are serious as standards need to be met.

To be honest, your disregard for the examinations is appalling. Lots of people every year work hard and complete their examinations in an honest and respectful manner.

:eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement