Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower parts

Options
  • 07-01-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into changing the shower head in the ensuite to something like this with a shorter arm than the 505mm one shown (possibly something around the 100mm mark).

The current setup is a mixer shower (with flexible hose into "standard" shower head on riser bar) fed exclusively by a 3 bar pump and while it's good I think that the shower head is restricing the water flow. Having stayed in places recently with these types of shower head operating off a pump we both decided we should consider changing to something similar.

I need to get one with a pipe running down the wall which I can connect into the existing output as the room was completely re-tiled last year and there's no way I'm pulling any of it down again.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to go in the West Dublin/Kildare areas to source this?

Also a friend who has a Triton T90 has asked me about sourcing the shower head holder as they have managed to break one of the lugs off. This is the adjuster piece which slides up and down the riser bar.

Any ideas on where to source this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

TKK wrote: »

Also a friend who has a Triton T90 has asked me about sourcing the shower head holder as they have managed to break one of the lugs off. This is the adjuster piece which slides up and down the riser bar.

Any ideas on where to source this?

The exact same thing happened to me (the shower head is sellotaped on...), except it's an Triton Opel. If anyone has any ideas where to get these replacements from, I'd really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Triton recently changed their fittings so if you have a model over a year old you'll find it though to get older fitting such as the yoke that holds the shower head and keep breaking (I've replaced two already).

Anyway I recently got two in Chadwick pumbing section. Alternatively try Heat Merchants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I've been advised that Barrett's in Maynooth (01 6286371) are very good for Triton parts.

Now to try and find the shower rose I want...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I ordered one from www.shower-spares.co.uk last night. It says it's the correct one, so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

you can use any type of shower rail with any shower really.
    The limiting bit is will the head fit into the new cradle. In any case, these kits usually come with a new shower head.
    B&Q, Chadwicks etc all stock them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement