Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Make them Replace it or just being picky?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

I recently had to replace the windscreen on my new Loeb.
    That was fine but when the guys came and put in the new window they had to remove two plastic strips (metalic paint finish charcoal grey) that run up the arch and sit on the windscreen. (hard to explain their position)...

So that was fine.. except when changing the winscreen they put the plastic parts on the roof of the car for safe keeping... The wind then blew these off and onto the gravel ground outside and in the process left some small scratches on them (these were less noticeable once i washed the car)

Then!... As they were about to drive off after completing the job I sat into the car and noticed two 2" long scratches in the window... so I called them back and they tried to remove them with abrasive fluid but couldnt...

So they are to return next weekend and replace the windscreen again with one with no scratches...

My question is would you also make them replace the strip they scratched also? As I rang their company and complained to their boss about it... He is to ring me about it during the week...

Whats your opinions?... Its a brand new spotless car and I felt I was right to demand they replace it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What's a Leob (a Leon?) If it was me I would get those items replaced as they were damaged. That just drives me mad, then again I am a fussy fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Sorry its a Citroen C4 Loeb (the special edition ones they released in '07)

Ya I know im fussy when it comes to my car etc and the car being new is my pride and joy ... so I think im right to give out about it but just wanted to see what other people thought (Was I just cryin over spilt milk)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...Its a brand new spotless car and I felt I was right to demand they replace it...

I agree- they probably cost buttons before painting. That kind of carelessness drives me crazy. Like they have a right to decide how blasse they're going to be about the job- it's your car, not theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Get them to replace the damaged parts, your car should be in the same condition after the windscreen was replaced as it was when you left it with them.

Had a windscreen replaced on my car and in the process the put a small hole in the drivers seat base (leather), they tried to deny they did it but then backed down. They had a smart repair done on it but it didn't match properly so they had to get me a new seat base, think it was around 360euro plus vat.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

cantdecide wrote: »
    .... That kind of carelessness drives me crazy. .....

Ya it was (in no way picking on them) two Polish lads who did the work.. they were very quick and good at their jobs it must be said but they were slightly careless with looking after some of the stuff...

They did clean the door arches after them (they had to stand on them and scuffed the door sills) but I think that was coz i was standing around and they seen me looking where they were standing...

(Yes I am THAT picky)... but as I said its my pride and joy now... if it was an auld banger I wouldnt give two sh!ts but thats not the case...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Neilw wrote: »
    your car should be in the same condition after the windscreen was replaced as it was when you left it with them.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say get them to repair/replace the parts. But if you're going to do it then get on the case straight away - the longer you leave it the more cause they have for denying it............

Advertisement