Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch - Disconnect

Options
  • 07-01-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have moved into a house which has Phonewatch. I am not interested in having the service but they say it will cost €85 to disconnect. Is it difficult to disconnect it from the phoneline while leaving the alarm systm in working order. I will be getting broadband soon (hopefully) and would like to have the Phonewatch disconnected by then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I assume you're renting the house. Who pays the line rental and for the phone watch? I'd imagine the disconnect fee is because they need to send an engineer to disconnect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's just two wires to your phone socket / phone wiring. However the Alarm panel may need reprogrammed.

If you are not renting and the phonewatch was got by someone else I'm not clear how they can bill you or how you can keep it without taking out a contract.

Advertisement