Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite

• 07-01-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Thinking of doing the Gamestop offer and trading up to an Elite. Are there different models of it going around though? What should I should be looking out for??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

You've gotta check by the barcode on the box. Make sure that the power rating is 175W and not 203W. The 175W are the newer version, the difference being a new GPU that's cooler to run (and a little bit quieter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Regarding trading up, what do you actually need to still have from the packaging of your old 360?

I've got the box it came in, and all the relevant cables & stuff. But at this stage I've obviously not got any of the plastic wrapping bags stuff came in, not sure if I've still got all the manuals / documentation, and don't think I've still got the original receipt. Do you need any of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Gamestop don't require the original packaging or receipts.

You'll need all the accessories you get originally - 1 Joypad (with the casing for AA batteries), HD, composite cable, headset and powerbrick.

Gamestop seem to be the only outlet to transfer your HD to the new one as well.
    Game practically told me to fook off when I asked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

what's the benefit of upgrading? Is it just the HDMI and the bigger HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

A-Trak wrote: »
    Gamestop don't require the original packaging or receipts.

You'll need all the accessories you get originally - 1 Joypad (with the casing for AA batteries), HD, composite cable, headset and powerbrick.

Gamestop seem to be the only outlet to transfer your HD to the new one as well.
    Game practically told me to fook off when I asked!

I am thinking of doing the same and i rang them, and you have to bring the scart cable with you as well as the HD cable also the ethernet cable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

sprinkles wrote: »
    what's the benefit of upgrading? Is it just the HDMI and the bigger HD?

the new xbox 360 pro's (20g HD)has a HDMi connection at the rear.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

got it and i'm delighted.
    the difference over hdmi is actually pretty amazing. traded in a bunch of DS games too, and ended up in credit! the dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

So just look for 175W on the box then for the newer version?

Advertisement