Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synotts Closing down now!!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote: »
    For God's sake - spare a thought for people in these situations before shooting your mouths off. I am embarrassed by it.

None the less people are entitled to there view on things,

The place was very overpriced and while many factors can cause this at the end of the day there all meaningless to the average joe on the street because they are just going to look at the shop and assume the shop is overcharging when compared to other places.

Yes I'm sure suppliers may have been a factor, but if you can't keep up with the competition then your going to go out of business, plain and simple,

Yes I'm sure they've had great times back in the day but nostalgia isn't going to keep a business open,

People loosing there jobs sucks, we all known that but these things happen and not much you or I can do about it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Cabaal wrote: »
    None the less people are entitled to there view on things,

The place was very overpriced and while many factors can cause this at the end of the day there all meaningless to the average joe on the street because they are just going to look at the shop and assume the shop is overcharging when compared to other places.

Yes I'm sure suppliers may have been a factor, but if you can't keep up with the competition then your going to go out of business, plain and simple,

Yes I'm sure they've had great times back in the day but nostalgia isn't going to keep a business open,

People loosing there jobs sucks, we all known that but these things happen and not much you or I can do about it at this stage.

No there isn't Cabaal, but trvialising it (as some- not you) have done here is unacceptable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No there isn't Cabaal, but trvialising it (as some- not you) have done here is unacceptable.

I'd agree,however I believe almost everyone's view on this is the shop did charge alot and better services could be got elsewhere....least thats what I've gotten from reading this thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully,

With all due respect you're talking through your ass. Noel Sinnott's shops were top of the tree in this City at one point, but, like all good things it has come to an end. And what difference if four - or four hundred jobs - are lost? It still badly affects those concerned. As I've said, I hope it never comes knocking at your door. Were it not for souls like Noel Sinnott, the likes of BPM, KG, etc all may never have existed.

So your agreeing its gone ****e? Good. If it was good, the good came to an end a long time ago. Myself and a lot of others (as indicated in this thread) felt the prices were a rip off. The shop open or closed is no loss. I do believe that at least 2 of the staff in there are college students. Surely they could get a better job then working in a CD shop? They can easily move on and get a similar job elsewhere as a part time / full time thing if they want. There young.
    While your observation on pricing etc is accurate enough, have you spared a thought as to WHY they may not have been able to sell at a lower price. But - and I'm not pointing the finger at just you here - it's typical of the petty begrudgery that's rampant in this City of ours, and which is reflected in the attitudes on this thread. Rather than just wish the man well in his retirement, the snide sniggering (by one poster:rolleyes:), and the verbal kicking delivered here are unbelievable.

Its funny that your giving out to us, but I can read between the lines and see you at least partly agree with whats being said. I know the shop has some sort of historic value as its been around for so long, but I dont think at all its a loss to the city.

I think most people will agree: Happy Retirment. Been in the business a long time, now its time to shut up shop and relax! However, most people are discussing the fact that the shop was poor anyway and its no great loss to the city.

Better Prices, Better Selection - just down the road. Its how us consumers work.
    For God's sake - spare a thought for people in these situations before shooting your mouths off. I am embarrassed by it.

Has anyone personally attacked any members of the shop, or just the shop as a whole?
    Cabaal wrote: »
    I'd agree,however I believe almost everyone's view on this is the shop did charge alot and better services could be got elsewhere....least thats what I've gotten from reading this thread.

I get the same impression, and I get that impression from Freddie to.

Advertisement