Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Value Graphics Tablets

• 07-01-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there, just thinking about getting a graphics tablet for a PC and wondering does anybody know of anywhere you can get decent value one? wouldn't be looking at more than €350 really........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

What type and size are you looking for and for what purpose?

If you can afford it I'd recommend getting a Wacom tablet:

http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/index.asp

www.pixmania.ie
    www.komplett.ie
    www.dabs.ie
    www.peats.com

all sell them. You can buy direct from Wacom too as well as ebay.

The Bamboo are there budget range but are more for general use rather than precise graphics work or Photo editing.

If you want it for graphics design or video work etc. the Intuos3 would be the way to go.

I'm looking to buy an Intuos3 A5 Wide at the moment so I'll post back if I find a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Hey Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the info you've given for sure :)
    I'm into photography and have been doing a bit of work on a calendar for a local sports team with the photos I took last year; I bought a few decent magazines recently (Creative Photoshop and ImagineFX) and they proved quite useful indeed. Anyway, since reading them I've just realised the potential of these items and Photoshop has really unleashed a load of potential with my photos. But to get back to your question, I'd be more interested in a basic one at this stage...something that would be a good reliable entry level tablet for doing stuff like modifying photos and basic stuff on photoshop and a bit of artwork too...

Advertisement