Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrap Yards

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for a replacement bonnet (Dark Green) for a Renault Clio 1996 model, if anyone knows of any scrapyards etc where I might pick one up that'd be great,

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

theres a breakers on the malahide road, near woodies, behind the newtown house if your on the northside.
    got a few bits and pieces in there, might be able to get one there if your near

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I had to do this before when looking for a navy back door for a micra. I found the best method is just to dig out the yellow pages and start making the calls. Call them all as you may find big differences in prices. And make sure you ask about other stuff that you might need like hinges and nuts and bolts. Hold out for a green one and you will eventually get one (far easier than getting one sprayed). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give www.Traynors.co.uk a shot, they deliver to the Republic.

You might have to settle for another colour though and get it resprayed green as the MkI Clio is becoming rare now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

There was a complete clio for free on adverts.ie not too long ago, not sure what colour or if its still available, but worth a try??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try Kinsella's on the Naas Rd - opposite the Red Cow, first left after you leave the interchange heading inbound.

Or try Duffy's on the Long Mile Road - beside Bikeworld.

• Advertisement

There was a complete clio for free on adverts.ie not too long ago, not sure what colour or if its still available, but worth a try??

I think that one was white afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Looking for the front bits of anything in a breakers can be a battle, tends to be the area that gets damaged most...

Traynors do have one in green:

http://80.76.198.40/yard/photos.aspx?carid=19885

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Try Summerhill Spares. They're on the web and in the book.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Thanks a million for all your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 P Davis

I have a black one you can have it for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

There is another free clio on adverts.ie??

Advertisement