Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tinting a Van

• 07-01-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    New Year and I'm getting around to those things I've being putting off...

I want to get the glass on rear doors tinted for security - and style (the black bin liners are looking a bit kidnappery)

I drive a Primastar and saw a Vivaro with tinted driver & passenger windows and it looks really well. I've decided I'm not going to do it myself - I've done enough DIY on the van (fit my own ply flooring etc)

So far I've gleamed the following companies and all get good reviews on this site.

Shades in Blanchardstown
    VisionFX on Greenhills Road / Walkinstown
    Pentagon Glass Tech in Parkwest

The driver & passenger doors have two panes (one that rolls down) a smaller on that you use to see the wing mirrors. I was thinking of getting the smaller a less tinted shade than the main glass.

Any thoughts? Anyone got a van tinted? :cool: Anyone know a good place for van accessories?

Cheers,
    flaka

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

from what I've heard... a good job is when they remove the glass (at least the sliding glass on the front doors) to fit the tinting film and a not so good job is when they don't remove the glass. Maybe ask about this when you are making enquiries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

the only one ive heard of is SHades and ive heard and seen good things. getting the rear tinted is a great idea but i wouldnt personaly tint the fronts, have you been in a van/car with front tints on a dark day or night? not my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭flaka

Good point about removing the windows, seems excesive.

I've been in a VW Transporter Taxi with tint, it was day time. Taxi man said tint is great, keeps it cooler in the summer, said no problems with visibility. Darkness and seeing cyclists would be my main concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

flaka wrote: »
    Good point about removing the windows, seems excesive.

I've been in a VW Transporter Taxi with tint, it was day time. Taxi man said tint is great, keeps it cooler in the summer, said no problems with visibility. Darkness and seeing cyclists would be my main concern.

Dont get me wrong my car is tinted (back 3 panels of a hatchback) but ive been in cars with full tints at night and lets just say its not for everyone, allthough it also depands on how dark you want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭flaka

I got the tinting done by visionfx.
    5% on rear, 35% transmission on the driver/passenger - I don't notice the difference at night time at all.

Great job - took about and hour and a quarter. Really pleased with them.

:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement