Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

someone hit while i was away..

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭

so i went home to the west for Christmas by train and left the car up here in Dublin. came back today to tow it to a garage ( shaft gone) and noticed that someone had smacked right into the side of my car sending it two foot back into a piller.damage would included a new door and two back side panels as the wheel arches got flattened. no note on my car nothing. talked to the car park security and he basically said he wont look through 2 weeks of footage to find a black car with damage.

anyway went to the guards very helpful and reported that someone had crashed into me. said they will look at cctv and might be able to find some thing.

also i don't have comp insurance; so would i be able to claim off the insurance that a person would use if they were hit by a uninsured driver?

also should i ring my insurance company would they be any help?

thanks for reading and hopefully someone will have some info for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Was it a private car park? ie did you have to pay to park there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

im a resident so i paid for my car parking space

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

anto-t, a residents private car park may be outside the remit of the Gardaí.

I would return to the security guard and offer to view the tapes yourself. I'd say the fast forward button will skip you through it in a few hours, and the incident should stick out. I wouldn't let someone away with this if I could help it. They must have smacked your car

right my father also lives with me and came home from work and had a small look around and found a car with right hand side damage to the front with red paint from my car also on his car.
    the paint on my car also matched the colour of his car( where he crashed).

i then moved my car and there was glass from a headlight on the floor, and it looks like its the same glass..
    (he tryed to sweep up all the glass!!!) but missed under the car ;)
    reported this new fact to the guards just there. said they might be out tonight... to have a look at there car.. so just went down now to take some photos incase the car goes missing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Something similar happened to me the weakend, mothers car parked outside the house, 1am in the morning, I heard a thud, looked out the window and my neighbours car (a piece of ****) was backed into it, didn't rush out, thought she would do the right thing if there was damage, there was - she didn't!

Was going to knock in and run amok the following morning but just as I was I was imformed that it was the 4th aniversary of this persons son and they were off to a mass for the son, so couldn't really start with them then, now the damage wasn't bad, couple of noticable scratchs but its an 07 car and there is even paint off our car on their car.

Now they are good neighbours (usualy) but this was taking the piss, starting to think it was one of the kids joyriding the mothers car as I couldn't see the driver??

Would you approach them?? What should I do??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Kudos on finding the car that hit you. The Gardai should be helpful once you know who did it. It's an easy result for them.

well they are not... said they would contact me in a few weeks as they have to check cctv before taking swabs off the car..... anyway my dad has a friend guard from down the country and he rang him.. so they are sending a car out to me now to look at the cars adn hopefully they will question the cars driver... all i want is my poor little skoda back the way she way :( muddy looking like crap but driving with no scraps on it :(

Advertisement