Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct - Vw Bora

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Alryh lads, well the car went for the nct there the other day, and everything was fine like the car runs smooth and perfect, except it failed on emissions. Someone said to me just needs an engine tweak, but what does this mean?. What would ya say to your mechanic like to fix exhaust emissions. Its an 00 VW Bora, any advice lads would be great ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What engine? What mileage?

cat/ lambda/ MAF

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Let me guess, its a 1.4 16V? Failed on CO? CO between 0.5-1.5 % ? Could be the converter....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say you might need your throttle body cleaned. I'd get it cleaned and reset before condemning any component.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chucky1989

what is the throttle body?, and yes you have all guessed right, the milage is 72000, how much do you think it would cost ? Like I'm not gonna have to spend hundred's will I ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cleaning the throttle body is a simple task and should incur minimum labour.

Some basic info here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chucky1989

crosstownk wrote: »
    Cleaning the throttle body is a simple task and should incur minimum labour.

Some basic info here.
    Nice one crosstown... hopefully it'l pass now.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 zolwien

Are sure VW BOra has "throttle body ".coz mechnik told me that it has no such thing and i'm looking the engine and there is nothing found besid the airfilter.Let me research....

Advertisement