Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch/Dent repair

Options
  • 07-01-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭

First minor incident, reversing into the drive last night.
    Do any of those paint touch-up products work and if so what's the best one? What else can I do to improve the appearance of the scratch in the pic?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ooohhhhh....

Nasty little scratch on 2 panels. I'm sure most here will tell you to put up with it or fix it properly. Touching it up will only make it worse. It looks like a new enough car and I might would touch up a €1000 wrecker if the scratch was rusting through but not your car.

Unfortunately it looks like it could be fairly expensive to paint the bumper and panel- like €300+ depending where you go and you'd have to bring it somewhere good or you could end up with slightly different shades against the original paint if you brought it to a cheap panelbeater.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Most of it is on the plastic bumper so that won't rust, just looking to prevent the part on the main panel from rusting and get it to a similar color if at all possible.

If the primer is all that's showing on the quarter panel and you can't see bare metal, I'd seroiusly leave it until teh time's right to get it done properly.

I there's steel showing, what you could do is get the quarter panel painted professionally and tell them to do what they can by touching up the bumper. This will save money and won't be half as hard to explain away as touched up damage to 2 panels.

Unfortunately it looks nothing but it's bad enough to require the same treatment as much worse damage, ie fill and paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

job for a body shop for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

Have heard good things about ChipsAway

• Advertisement

Caveat wrote: »
    Have heard good things about ChipsAway

For the wall, you mean?:D

Advertisement