Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spring timetable?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

any idea when its out? just trying to figure out work until the summer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

PeakOutput wrote: »
    any idea when its out? just trying to figure out work until the summer

LOL, college next semester! :p

It usually doesnt come out until the start of the semester, which is usually just after the exam results, which I think is at the end of the month isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Mossin wrote: »
    LOL, college next semester! :p

It usually doesnt come out until the start of the semester, which is usually just after the exam results, which I think is at the end of the month isnt it?

ah cock they could give us sooooome warning. ye results are out the 24th back to college the 28th so ill wait till then

PeakOutput wrote: »
    ah cock they could give us sooooome warning. ye results are out the 24th back to college the 28th so ill wait till then

Giving you some warning would be a good idea, so you could possibly try and get a grip on things before the semester, but like everything else with UL administration, its a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Giving you some warning would be a good idea, so you could possibly try and get a grip on things before the semester, but like everything else with UL administration, its a disaster!
    Seconded! There is a list as long as my arm of the cock ups administration make on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

they shud be out Monday the 21st of January i think as i think they have to be up a week before start of semester.. if i were you id check it before results go up as the server and likely to crash once results go up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Nutty wrote: »
    they shud be out Monday the 21st of January i think as i think they have to be up a week before start of semester.. if i were you id check it before results go up as the server and likely to crash once results go up

The timetable for the spring semester is usually published the week before the start of the semester. The time table will still be available regardless as it lives on a different web server to the one that hosts the Student Records application.

well in that case the timetable itself crashed i think it was september 18 months ago not sure though but one semester it deff was down for a few days after going up nad many people didnt know what time they were in college the first day back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

well in that case the timetable itself crashed i think it was september 18 months ago not sure though but one semester it deff was down for a few days after going up nad many people didnt know what time they were in college the first day back

That was last semester...September '07. Complete and utter cock-up. Missed my first lecture because of it (I had checked times and modules, but not rooms until the night before and didn't think to check the manual way outside SAA until later on and even then it was annoying because I wasn't sure of module codes :P).

Results are out on the 23rd, no? Which is bizarre as it's a Wednesday... At least that's what I can recall from the signs in exam halls... I think...! :o So what's probably going on, is that they're going on their usual routine: put them up on the Friday, crash over weekend and instead of trying to fix server problems before they happen, just allow them to occur as expected and give themselves an extra two days. Grrrr....*shakes fist*

OP, I'd imagine timetables will be published, as has been previously stated, on the 21 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Pretty sure results are out Monday 21st...which is Friday the 18th to you and I...

no bluedophin is right official day for exam results are teh 23rd.. meaning latest they'll be up bout half 4 on the 22nd.. possible put them up for test run on the friday but i wouldnt be so sure... UL TIMETABLE 2007/2008

• Advertisement

no bluedophin is right official day for exam results are teh 23rd.. meaning latest they'll be up bout half 4 on the 22nd.. possible put them up for test run on the friday but i wouldnt be so sure... UL TIMETABLE 2007/2008

I still think that my original hypothesis might be correct, that they are putting them up as normal...except giving themselves a two day allowance for when the server crashes. :rolleyes:

timetables are up from the 18th heard official today

I'm am so not impressed!

I have four 9 o'clock starts and four 6 o'clock finishes.

Bah humbug to you too timetable dept!!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bah humbug to you too timetable dept!!

+1

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

My timetable is fine... expect for the fact that I'm in until 6 on a Friday. Slightly illogical considering most of the buses leave at 5. Oh well, that's one class I won't make next semester.

there shouldnt be any lectures finishing after 4 on a friday as the last of the buses leave the college ground between 5 and half 5 im down to finish at 5 this year on a friday so lucky i have a car as otherwise id be missin my some of my lab weekly or not going home all that often...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

Anyone know who's teaching CS4225 this semester? I can't get into student records to look.

timetable.ul.ie tells me it's not Seamus O'Shea anyway.

timetable.ul.ie tells me it's not Seamus O'Shea anyway.

Hmmm what a pity the man is legend and he does know his stuff when it comes to networks. If you've got any questions about the module or need any notes give me a PM and I'll see what I can dig up for you.

It's a pretty easy module anyway and if you go to the lectures and tutorials you should have no trouble.......oh yeah if the labs for the module are being run in the main building (which it looks like they are) you really should go to them as they are pretty interesting and practical.

by checkin the room number that lab is on in Eoins lab( Cisco Lab) always interesting Labs in there..

by checkin the room number that lab is on in Eoins lab( Cisco Lab) always interesting Labs in there..

Agreed some of the more interesting labs I've had in UL were there. Eoin is sound out as well and a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Just checked my timetable there...ugghhhhhhh im in on Fridays, that will be a shock to the system! Rest of my timetable could be better/worse I suppose..

I dont know how people can complain about timetables. As a Co-op I have the worst of all:
    9 - 5.30 Mon-Fri

I dont know how people can complain about timetables. As a Co-op I have the worst of all:
    9 - 5.30 Mon-Fri

You get paid for it. :p

You get paid for it. :p

Perhaps, but its not enough, and the boredom can be so much worse than lectures ever could be!!

rmacm wrote: »
    Agreed some of the more interesting labs I've had in UL were there. Eoin is sound out as well and a good laugh.

Eoin is properly the soundest employee in UL.. i thinks its becasue hes dont the course himself and agrees and bitchs about most of the lectures as much as the rest of us.. even helps in findin old exam papers for ya on the network if he knows ya

Advertisement