Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor reccomedation in Wicklow

Options
  • 07-01-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hey I need to go to the doctors soon and I haven't got a regular doctor, any reccomendations for one in the Wicklow town area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

hi there, well I have been to see one or two doctors in the town. Not very often thank God but I have found it hard if you do not have reg doc. As in you have to apply to go onto their client list. I attend Ashford Clinic, ( in Ashford) and find them fantastic. A real family attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Roy Batty

Jack Meehan in Salem Medical Centre, Wicklow Town is a great G.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Roy Batty wrote: »
    Jack Meehan in Salem Medical Centre, Wicklow Town is a great G.P.
    Yeah he has been our family GP for years. Dr Finnegan is another good doctor there. I think its called Salem Medical Centre and is right beside wicklow tennis club.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

thats where I go too. Brannegan is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i'd go with any of the doctors at Salem Medical Centre you have no problems what so ever getting an appointment !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Dr Brangan of Salem Medical Centre is the nicest doctor I have ever met.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Brangan by far is the nicest Dr I have ever encountered.

Finnegan is a good Dr, if a little stiff. Meehan, I would avoid him like the plague, but others have found him good. I think he's good with Men and Children. Not so great with women, IMO. Messed me around quite a bit and when I went to Dr Brangan, he had it all sorted pretty quickly.

At the end of the day, it's all about your own personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I will try Brangan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Folks - please take it easy with the negative reviews, if you want to have a long detailed rant about some doctor you're unhappy with, do it elsewhere. Boards.ie is responsible for all comments posted here, and we're none too keen on being sued.

thank you,
    L.

Advertisement