Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keyboard

• 07-01-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was thinking of getting a keyboard.
    I like Depeche Mode, Jean Michelle Jarre, Erasure and general loads of electro stuff. Something not to expensive. Any suggestions or links greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

do you just want to play or do you want to learn how to program as well?

something like the korg m1 or the yamaha dx7 would do a job based on the acts youve mentioned but dont offer easily accessible patch programming as such

a yamaha an1x does offer relatively easy sound manipulation tho and is cheap enough, decent enough default soundbank in it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Helix wrote: »
    do you just want to play or do you want to learn how to program as well?

something like the korg m1 or the yamaha dx7 would do a job based on the acts youve mentioned but dont offer easily accessible patch programming as such

a yamaha an1x does offer relatively easy sound manipulation tho and is cheap enough, decent enough default soundbank in it as well

Programming would be good fun if possible.

go for the an1x or cn1x then so

itll be a second hand job coz you cant buy them any more tho as far as i know

go for the an1x or cn1x then so

itll be a second hand job coz you cant buy them any more tho as far as i know

The Korg M1 looks class check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ijT0igBk9w&feature=related

have one of them meself, it was the staple of electronic music for years in the 80s

built like a bloody tank too

you should pick one up for 300-350 these days

• Advertisement

have one of them meself, it was the staple of electronic music for years in the 80s

built like a bloody tank too

you should pick one up for 300-350 these days

I was just wondering though, should a modern keyboard not be able to emulate all the retro sounds of the 80s and 90s quite easily. I would have though technology has moved on so much so that you could a new keyboard for a reasonable price that is way better than what was consider good 10 , 20 years ago. Similar to the way a decent PC now would beat a commodore 64 hands down.

Comments welcomed...

I was just wondering though, should a modern keyboard not be able to emulate all the retro sounds of the 80s and 90s quite easily. I would have though technology has moved on so much so that you could a new keyboard for a reasonable price that is way better than what was consider good 10 , 20 years ago. Similar to the way a decent PC now would beat a commodore 64 hands down.

Comments welcomed...

Hi,
    I was just looking at the Yamaha PSR E403 keyboard. It seems to have a very nice piano
    e.g.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOK6kB7DC-E&feature=related

but any of the synth sounds sound really tacky compared to something like the
    Korg M1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRfyIAedCsg&feature=related

Advertisement