Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying game...

• 07-01-2008 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Might solve a drink fueled 4am christmas morning row i had with my brother but:

If you had to live with either one of these and do without the other for the rest of civilisation (COMPLETELY) what would you pick over the other?

Electricity
    OR
    Plumbing (every conceivable kind of plumbing - taps / bath / flusher etc. )

Start your engines...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Haha, good question.

I'd live without plumbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

I had said live without plumbing too...apparantly im wrong, im also a younger brother so i was born wrong....

a life without light?? a bit too I Am Legend for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hmm, that's a tough one. I'd probably have to choose to keep electricity. Weighing up the pros and cons, living without electricity would be far harder than living without tap water and a toilet. (Unless you live in a city, then things would get messy)

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Hmm, that's a tough one. I'd probably have to choose to keep electricity. Weigh up the pros and cons, living without tap water and a toilet is far harder than living without electricity. (Unless you live in a city, then things would get messy)

So you'd keeo electricity even tho a toilet etc would be harder to live without ???

Oops, that's not what I meant :D

Fixed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd keep plumbing. Light a candle ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Just sh1t in ditches and piss in swimming pools...

Sandor wrote: »
    I'd keep plumbing. Light a candle ffs!

So no television, internet etc.

Be a lonely place just you n yer dark toilet...

Mr.S wrote: »
    Plumbing.

i like my hot baths thanks.

Chances are it would be a cold bath being that it will be hot stones from a fire heating the water ala Fulacht Fia :-\

hairyfish wrote: »
    So no television, internet etc.

Be a lonely place just you n yer dark toilet...

Wouldn't be dark if I had a candle. Make a jigsaw, read a book, better yourself, get a life... :p
    I honestly think the world would be a far better place without electricity.

• Advertisement

Jigsaws / Books would be a rarity because the plants that make them would have no electric presses or digital printing...

If the romans had put more time and thought into finding an energy source rather than channelling **** down the street we'd be floating around on hover cars today i reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'd deffo keep plumbing. Dunno about any of you lot, but I care about my arse a lot, and the prospect of having to squat over a ditch to take a dump would kill me. Sitting on the bowl for 5 mins a day is the most irreplaceable 'me' time ever.

For lighting - light a candle.
    For computing - a quantum-based computer run by a hamster wheel can't be too far away. Also, TCP/IP has been proven to work by carrier pigeons.
    For media - the world would be a better place without TV dumbening down the population, let alone unnecessarily scaring the bejaysus out of everyone. Also, wind-up phonographs might make a welcome return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Plumbing. I'd spend my time trying to figure a way of inventing electrical plumbing...

Also, TCP/IP has been proven to work by carrier pigeons.

haha i like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Electricity - couldn't live without it

Plumbing - Chamber pot. We have no shortage of rain, so i cant see washing being a problem. We have electricity so someone will just make a very big kettle thats fed from rainwater collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I'd live without electricity.
    You'd always find soemthing to do, you know like actually playing sport instead of watching it!

No toilets or showers? Everyone would stink!

vorbis wrote: »
    I'd live without electricity.
    You'd always find soemthing to do, you know like actually playing sport instead of watching it!

No toilets or showers? Everyone would stink!

How would you cook your food? You'd probably be making your own clothes too.

but you wouldnt know what stinking was becasuse everyone would be the same...

head to yer river jump in and wash yourself...easy...then spend 18 hours online ...

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    How would you cook your food? You'd probably be making your own clothes too.

Fire tends to get things cooked. People were buying clothes in shops well before electricity came around too, don't ya know.

Advertisement