Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cuckoo Box

Options
  • 07-01-2008 8:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been in there yet?
    Opened up where McDaids used to be apparently. Tis my birthday on saturday night so planning on heading there if its any good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I was there a few weeks ago, not good at all, i wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Same as McDaids really, only been there twice, seems fine.

One thing though, we were there one Thursday niight, about 10.15, the place wasn't busy but it fine, and then, out of ****ing nowhere, they turned the volume up to deafening level. Seriously annoying. I know the guys who run it read here, so any chance you'd not do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

try flannery's at the bottom of the street it has reopened after it was knocked and rebuilt. Nice pub nice crowd. Its completely different to what it was still has that local pub feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

betonit wrote: »
    try flannery's at the bottom of the street it has reopened after it was knocked and rebuilt. Nice pub nice crowd. Its completely different to what it was still has that local pub feel

i think its the exact same, only thing that they've done is put an lcd tv behind the bar
    me and my mates were completely baffled as to why they knocked it and rebuilt it, its literally the same, also it appears there was more space in the old bar as you had that snug corner at the end of the bar by the old toilets
    as for the new toilets, it looks like a toilet in Milford Hospice, all its missing is the orange string hanging from the ceiling

such a waste when you consider the potential it has

there was just a discussion on the Last Word about this pub
    is there a depiction of the pope having a pint in the pub

its caused uproar :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Was in there over crimbo - was fairly dead! And very strict on the door - friend was told to remove his ear ring! I've never seen that before!

Older crowd but in fairness wasn't that busy the night i was in there! Staff good laugh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

went in for a pint today around 5. nothing going, it seemed nice enough though, cant see myself there at nite tho, i'd say theyre aiming at the charlie chaplins crowd

stay well away so
    kids tanked up on tawny cocktails and bacardi breezer icon_uhoh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

there was just a discussion on the Last Word about this pub is there a depiction of the pope having a pint in the pub

its caused uproar :D

There was an ad in the leader - a pretty basic PhotoShop job "showing" the pope and 2 others - cardinals ? - "in" the pub.

The caption was "look who we had in yesterday", or something like that.

Whatever about what the religious fanatics' opinions, it's basically false advertising.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

I was in there over Christmas, they did a nive job doing the place up it was badly needed. They've got some attitude on the door there though. I was out at the door having a smoke and heard the doormen laughing about the people they stopped needlessly. I won't be going back there if it's going to be hit and misss as to whether I or one of my mates is going to get stopped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

bertisevil wrote: »
    I was in there over Christmas, they did a nive job doing the place up it was badly needed. They've got some attitude on the door there though. I was out at the door having a smoke and heard the doormen laughing about the people they stopped needlessly. I won't be going back there if it's going to be hit and misss as to whether I or one of my mates is going to get stopped

All door men do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

All door men do that.

They sure do, but there's no need for them to have such an attitude about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Its pretty crap just like McDaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

All door men do that.

Most door men in Limerick are W&&kers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Went in the door lastnight for beers and the place was dead (around 9.30) and the sawdust made it look like work in progress. The finish on everything except the toilet (of which there is now only 1 as opposed to the previous 2).

The furniture is the same and the bar is the same. Any changes were cosmetic....call it a mid-life facelift:rolleyes:

Advertisement