Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad has Recently Developed BAD Stutter

Options
  • 07-01-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My Dad has recently developed a stutter having been years without it.

I just spoke to him tonight on the phone and couldn't believe how bad its gotten. He had quite a bad one years ago but it just went.

His business isn't going as well as it was and i think this may be on his mind. Im very close to my Dad and want to help him as i know he was embarrassed tonight on the phone to to me, not that i care if he stutters its just know it bothers him a lot.

Any suggestions on how i can help him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 *Murphy*

defo look up www.stammeringireland.ie
    its got news, info on therapys and groups.

just talk to him about it see what he wants to do if anything . he may be embarrassed at first but in the long run he will be grateful. let him know you will support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

My advice would be to approach with care. At this stage in life he might not like to go down the therapy route. Talk to him and ask would he like to get support. Give him a few web links including a link to this forum (there are few links in a sticky in this forum). The ISA meetings are a very good way to get support and meet other people in the same situation.

Advertisement