Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Locating a prisoner?

• 07-01-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    How would you go about finding out where someone is locked up?

Hoping someone here might know where to start!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Contact the prison service http://www.irishprisons.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Quality wrote: »
    Hey,
    How would you go about finding out where someone is locked up?

Hoping someone here might know where to start!
    find out where he was arrested
    and follow the paper trail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

the GALL wrote: »
    find out where he was arrested
    and follow the paper trail

Neither the Gardai who dealt with him nor the judge who sentenced him would necessarily know what prison he's in, contacting the prison service directly would be the best bet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

cushtac wrote: »
    Contact the prison service http://www.irishprisons.ie/

They will only give info out to family members aswell.

OP, may I ask why you are searching for the info??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I know this sounds corny, but it is for a "friend" of mine.

The guy who is locked up was a good friend to her through some bad times, She doesnt know any of his family and doesnt want to just arrive on the doorstep looking for him.

She has tried the prison service but they wont give out any information. The detective that arrested him is not stationed at the garda station he was arrested at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Quality wrote: »
    I know this sounds corny, but it is for a "friend" of mine.

The guy who is locked up was a good friend to her through some bad times, She doesnt know any of his family and doesnt want to just arrive on the doorstep looking for him.

She has tried the prison service but they wont give out any information. The detective that arrested him is not stationed at the garda station he was arrested at.

If you know a guard I advise you to get them to ring the prison service on your behalf, get the guard to say you are looking at writing them a letter and need to know where to send it and they should get the information for you.

cushtac wrote: »
    Neither the Gardai who dealt with him nor the judge who sentenced him would necessarily know what prison he's in, contacting the prison service directly would be the best bet.
    has the prisoner been sentenced or are they on remand????

They were remanded to Cloverhil in 2005 and sentenced December 2006. Thats all I can get from the papers.

Normally if they are on remand in Cloverhill then they will get sent to Mountjoy once they are sentanced but he could have gotten a transfer since.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    If you know a guard I advise you to get them to ring the prison service on your behalf, get the guard to say you are looking at writing them a letter and need to know where to send it and they should get the information for you.
    thtats a good one ...write a letter to him in clover hill nothing to personal in it and put a return address on it if he gets it well and good if not itll come back but it should go from prison to prison till it finds him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Just looking at the title there I thought "Holy crap someone has lost a prisoner!!!"

I hate when that happens

Found him....

Mountjoy

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

TheNog wrote: »
    Just looking at the title there I thought "Holy crap someone has lost a prisoner!!!"

I hate when that happens
    The local Seargent got desperate and came to Boards lol :)

How'd you find him in the end OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

God be with the good old days when you could just ring him on the mobile and ask where he was... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hagar wrote: »
    God be with the good old days when you could just ring him on the mobile and ask where he was... ;):D
    hahaha or just send the carrier budgie with message strapped to its leg

Advertisement