Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 81....Lesnar hype has begun

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

On the All Access show Brock was saying that the XXL gloves that the UFC gave him don't fit and he'll need to get a pair of XXXL ones. He's actually going to be wearing XXXXL gloves, and the only other fighter who wears that size is Hong Man Choi, who's over 7ft tall. Crazy

i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=D7C443F0-1422-0E8C-9A0598579A767E94.jpg

Dave Meltzer covered the weigh-ins for Yahoo Sport and he said that even though Brock is listed at 6'2" and Mir at 6'4", Brock looked taller and much bigger than Mir. Brock also apparently has a huge reach for his size, longer than Sylvia's. At the weigh-ins there were a lot of fans booing Brock, but sometimes that changes at the actual fight. He's certainly made a lot of people interested in seeing him

I've also heard that there's a good few WWE guys expected at the event, as well as Angle and probably some other TNA people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Where and when can I watch this fight? Is it on Brave or Setanta, live or repeated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

On Bravo, Sunday night at 9pm. Not live, so be careful with spoilers tomorrow if you don't want to hear the result

Cheers Fozzy. I'm working tomorrow night till half nine though, I assume this will be the headline fight though so won't be on until the end of the program, fingers crossed! Cheers for the advice on the spoilers aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

There are ways of seeing this for free and live.You just have to know where to look;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Tense is the word that comes to my mind to describe how Lesnar looked at the weigh in. He looks in phenomenal shape though.

orestes wrote: »
    Cheers Fozzy. I'm working tomorrow night till half nine though, I assume this will be the headline fight though so won't be on until the end of the program, fingers crossed! Cheers for the advice on the spoilers aswell!

The title fight is the main event of the evening.Brock vs Mir will be the second last fight of the evening

Tense is the word that comes to my mind to describe how Lesnar looked at the weigh in. He looks in phenomenal shape though.

I agree.
    Hes up against a great MMA heavyweight fighter in Frank Mir and hes right to be tense with this being only his second fight.
    There has been alot of talk about this fight.I, for one am anxious to see an end to the talking and instead seeing the octagon door closing with these two inside.As UFC 81 has come closer I have become more and more undecided about who is going to win.I initially thought that Brock had this in the bag but im not so sure now.
    IM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

fatal wrote: »
    I agree.
    Hes up against a great MMA heavyweight fighter in Frank Mir and hes right to be tense with this being only his second fight.

He reminded me of what I was like the day before I did my leaving cert! In other words, he's done all the hard prepartion work and now he just wants to get it done ASAP.

• Advertisement

fatal wrote: »
    The title fight is the main event of the evening.Brock vs Mir will be the second last fight of the evening

Cheers for clearing that up for me, much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't wait for this. Some of the undercard is good, but the two main events should be great.

I think Brock is going to dominate early on with a lot of takedowns, but won't be able to get past Mirs guard.

If Mir can keep it to stand up or tire Brock he'll win, but I can't see Brock letting himself be put in a position that will allow Mir to get a submission.

Brock to win by decision based on aggression and takedowns.

I'm still undecided on the title fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What date is this on actually? Sorry if it's mentioned earlier

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What date is this on actually? Sorry if it's mentioned earlier

tonight buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

orestes wrote: »

it will start at 10pm on Bravo +1

I have to wonder about Mirs will to win, in all his fights since the the accident he has looked sluggish to say the least, but he has experience, Lesnar is a raw talent and how will he fare when he is getting pinched in the face with the small mma gloves, but it really is intriguing and a long time fan of the UFc ,i have tosay I am very intrigued to see how it turns out and I have to say I would like to see Brock do it, but Mir is great at those subs, Tim Syliva is a big big man and he still got submitted .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Will this be on regular Bravo then tonight or is it Sky Sports and such?

regular Bravo sunday night at 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I just saw the Mir/Lesnar fight - all I can say is wow, completely shocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

great show i thought. the post fight conference was good too.

Advertisement