Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

david & stella gemmell - fall of kings

Options
  • 07-01-2008 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

does anyone know where gemmell stopped writing when he died and his wife took over.
    have the book upstairs but in the middle of another so cant have a look myself yet.

real pity its the last of his work. true hero.

was reading there a while back that he released a another book under a different name, as not to worry his fantasy fans that he may be leaving the genre. but it was said to sell for 1200 pounds sterling, wonder how much its worth now that hes dead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Started it a couple of nights ago and so far its certainly up to the previous two Troy books. Gemmell was another great author, one of the few who could ever make me laugh aloud while reading, he will be sadly missed. Will update this as I progress but only read in bed at night so usually 1 chapter per night during working week. :mad:

Currently subject is Andromache, one of my favorite characters in the book, no spoilers so have to leave you guessing........ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Well, finished it last night, a climactic ending to an excellent trilogy. I found it almost impossible to put down and applaud Stella Gemmell on her work in finishing the novel. Her input was quite seamless and understated and in my opinion did not detract from the story in any way, in fact there were a couple of places where I felt the interaction between various couples was richer than in previous novels. There were still the classic 'laugh out loud' dialogues which I have always loved Gemmell for, and the classic 'brothers in arms' themes are there as always.

The detail of various armoury and weaponry was also excellent as well as descriptions of various battle scenes etc.

It must have been a very difficult and emotional task for Stella and I for one thank her for bringing this series to such a fanatastic completion. I think David would be justifiably proud of the job she has done.

Advertisement