Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car broke into, lock drilled - LANGERS !

Options
  • 07-01-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭

So some langers broke into my car, didnt even notice till the girlfriend pointed it out.

They drilled the lock on the Drivers side and used a screw driver to open the door.

Weird thing is there was a 60GB ipod in the glovebox, they tried to pull out the stereo worth about 40 euro .. and left gave up .. locked the car again and left .. they also got into the boot via the back seat (the boot lock actuator failed a good while ago, never got around to fixing it) also the stereo was jammed in with the wrong surround, so it comes out about a quarter of the way, after that you'd end up ripping off the whole dash .. dealer never fixed that either. All in all, either they got so frustrated they left it or they were caught in the act.

They didnt even try to steal the car, the ignition key slot is intact, no damage and the steering lock isnt broken at all.

I think either:

A. They got so frustrated that the boot wouldn't open off the central locking and the stereo wouldnt come more than an inch or two out, that they just ran off and left it, then a passer by locked up the car (i would anyway)

or

B. The cops caught them in the act and locked up the car putting the stuff back in the car.

Were living in The Hague, in Holland, made a statement to the cops, got some crazy report in Dutch .. the cop didnt speak much english either .. lol .. Hoping if some cop did catch them they'd see it against the registration or something. Its all computerised here so it doesn't go into "The Big Black Book"

Anyways .. at the moment you could open my Drivers door with a bit of plastic or a screwdriver.. doh :(

How much am i looking at for fixing it ? .. Do i have to replace all the locks ?
    Pain in the arse but it happens i guess !

Its a 2000 Skoda Octavia

Would loved to have caught the feckers in the act !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Car thiefs don't usualy drill locks on cars (well not 00 octavias, maybe bmw's/mercs), they just wreck them or force them with a screw driver and or push the lock inside the door or snap it off, you may be able to swap the passenger one over to the drivers door and replace or blank off the passenger lock as it would be handier than using a different key to open it and start it.

Try asking on vagdrivers.net

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Nope, definetly drilled, it looked really machined .. theres just the plastic inside the lock to turn it.

I thought the screwdriver option would have been better myself too.

Is it possible to get a replacement barrell off the number ?

Advertisement