Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint Dishwasher leaving glasses cloudy

Options
  • 07-01-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

(If this is not the correct forum please move !)

I have a Hotoint Aquarius FDW60 dishwasher. I added more salt to the container (I live in a hard-water area). Did as the instructions said, filled resovoir until no more salt is dissolved. Also topped up rinse aid.

Then I put a wash on, the glasses were all cloudy and after remving the dishes my fingers tasted of salt. I checked the Hotpoint FAQ, they give a load of reason, but the diswahser has been fine until I added more salt. I didn't buy the usual brand. Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of the cloudy glasses.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I know on some dishwashers, it's possible to change how much salt is used per cycle. You'd need to refer to the manual for that.

It may be getting too much salt, especially as a lot of dishwasher tabs now also have built in salt and indeed rinse aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Eventually it will permanently cloud the glasses too.

For the sake of a quick prerinse for heavily soiled stuff, a lower temp is best.

I usually use 50 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Found the problem, the cap for the salt resovior was not tight. All good now...

Advertisement