Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Team

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think we have toughened up.....i made that comment after the 3-4 defeat cos they walked through us. i think we now have enough in the team to compete and there are very few of our players that get found wanting now. its not the main reason, but its one of the reasons we have gone unbeaten since then. we are playing better, but we are also winning second balls, headers and tackles that we may have lost 6 or 7 games ago. we have also got rid of the silly fouls.

as regards the grass, i think its at least a year away. maybe if we all joined teams between here and the summer, it would give us all a flavour of what is involved. another thing, is, would the players that already have clubs, leave them for boards? i would anyway, but then again, my club is 200 miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

A middle ground could possibly be chancing our arms playing in a more casual grass league, i know the trinity mega league wouldnt be that high in standards but afaik i know the league in ucd has a few divisions are more likely to get a higher standard of football

Maybe after seeing how we fared in that we could have a better approximation of how we would manage on grass, theres the added bonus that it could serve as a training session of sorts.

Though the downside is that these leagues wouldnt be restarting up until sept/oct ish

Advertisement