Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASET qualification

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's the equivelant of a Fetac Level 4. http://www.fetac.ie/guide/level4_access.htm

From my reading, to move on to courses at other colleges, they look for level 5 or above qualifications

http://www.fetac.ie/hels/default.htm

Someone with more info might correct me on this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

AFSIK Fetac level 4 was upgraded to Fetac level 6. Not sure about this though. I think the ASET course being equilivant to Fetac level 4 is now equalivant to level 6. But my main enquirey is if the ASET certification is actually recognised in Ireland?

It's officially recognised, but most employers etc probably wouldn't know anything about who ASET are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

BuffyBot, thanks for that information. ideally a diploma would be more desireable as a minimum requirement idf he wants to further his career or change direction but as time is of the essesence I am recommending he does the Business Cert with CMIT and goes straight into a Diploma course in September via evening classes or he just does the Diploma with CMIT which may be the better option if it is a recognised course. Any suggestions?

Ideally he just needs to get what he already know in form of an official qualification as he is stuck in the same job for 10yrs now and feels he cannot progress or change with out an official qualification. the only qualification he has is in a trade (sparks) but as his line of work hasd digressed into the business sector he should really get the appropriate qualifications.

It really is a bit of a mine field looking for adult ed courses/qualifications when your not sure what direction to look! All suggestions are welcome!

Maybe limiting to CMIT is an issue? Is there any local evening choices?

At the end of the day a qualification of some kind certainly won't hurt, once it's a valid one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement