Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big day tomorrow

Options
  • 08-01-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I can post this here but I figured if people can post relationship type threads to get some support this might be OK too since I post here alot. As you all know I date a girl (Hexx) and Hexx has two daughters from her ex-marriage. One is 5 and one is 8 months and has Down syndrome. The father left the day the baby was born mainly because he was embarrassed about her (it was obviously a hit to his manhood to have a DS child :rolleyes: ) but that's not what this thread is about.

The baby has a thing called a PDA and it basically means she has a hole between her heart and lungs and blood is slowly filling her lungs. For months now we've been trying to get her weight up so that she'd be strong enough for the operation to seal the hole (she's eight months and is still only 10 pounds which anyone who has kids will tell you is tiny for her age) but Friday we got the go ahead for the operation. She went in today and Hex is there with her now(I couldn't stay because I have an appointment about my hormones tomorrow that takes 3 months to get and if I don't go I won't get my next hormone prescription or another appointment for another 3 months so Hexx sent me home so I'm up bright and early :D ). They've been doing tests all day and I'm just back from the hospital an hour and Hexx just rang me to say that the operation is going ahead tomorrow afternoon so I'm hoping to get there in time to be there for both of them. The operation is pretty non invasive because all they do is inject a Cathather (sp?) into an artary in her groin and feed it to her heart and when it gets to the hole expand a tiny balloon that plugs the hole, afterwards her quality of life will greatly improve because at the moment she finds it hard to feed because she can't breath and eat at the same time so after this she'll be able to put on real weight. The biggest worry right now is how she'll react to the anysthetic which is why she needed to be over 10 pounds before they'd even consider it but finger crossed it'll all be fine. Sorry for posting it here but when you're sitting on your own worrying and it's on your mind you need to get it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

All the very best. I do hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I believe the term is 'stent'. They have a very high success rate, but fingers crossed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Karoma wrote: »
    I believe the term is 'stent'. They have a very high success rate, but fingers crossed anyway.

It is but I'll be honest we've had to discribe it so many times over that last few months that we've stopped using medical terms and just used the easiest description possible, not everyone knows what a stent is. Thanks for the good wishes and you too Lizzykins ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best of luck tomorrow Kaz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

All I can say is best of luck to you and Hexx and specially baby. I hope it goes well and as far as I know and as Karoma said a high success rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Best of luck Kaz, I'm sure everything will be fine, let us know x

Fingers and toes crossed for the little one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Best of luck to Hexx and her wee one - 10lbs is teeny weeny for an 8 month old but she sounds like she has a lot of fight in her.

Will be thinking of ye all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

You can post what ever you need here Kaz. Best of luck for you and hexx and your little girl. Keep us up to date with how things are going.

Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hope it all works out okay.

It's a routine enough procedure, but certainly not nice to see one so young have to undergo it.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Fingers crossed for all of you. Angio stuff is always frightening, just focus on the positive.

All I can say is best of luck to you and Hexx and specially baby. I hope it goes well and as far as I know and as Karoma said a high success rate.

Aww yeah, there is a high sucess rate and the consultant reckons she'll be home by Wednesday because as I said it's pretty non invasive, the biggest thing isn't the operation but the anysthetic (I know I'm spelling that wrong), it's just because of the Downs and her size it adds extra risk but I'll keep you all posted when I can, tomorrow will be very busy for me so it may be late.

Here she is with our friend just so you's can see how cute she is, she's our little world, both her and her sister are :D :

Picture_150.jpg

Jules wrote: »
    You can post what ever you need here Kaz. Best of luck for you and hexx and your little girl. Keep us up to date with how things are going.

Jules

Thanks, that means alot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Aah God,

She is so cute :D And so dainty!!! She puts the cluck on me big time - I want another!!!

Best of luck again - let us know how she gets on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Jesus Face!
    She is tiny. awwwwwwwwh.
    Best of luck again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh God, she's gorgeous. Poor poppet.

***sorry getting rid if this post for anonimity reasons**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hello_kitty

Ah Kazobel what a lovely family you have. Best of luck tomorrow and rest assured SarahBear will be in all our hearts and thoughts.

Ah Kazobel what a lovely family you have. Best of luck tomorrow and rest assured SarahBear will be in all our hearts and thoughts.

I know, I adore them, I'm not the biological parent but I love them as if I was. I love Hexx, I love her girls and wish they were mine. The irony is that it took a Transsexual for Hexx to see how much a man her ex really is and it's not much, I actually think by definitions of "a man" I pass better than he does because at least we share the responsibility, Sarahbear will be fine (I have to keep telling myself that) and tomorrow will be a better day for her, once that hole is sealed she'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

your sarahbear will be fine :) sending good thoughts back to you from nz, you have an absolutely adorable family, and i wish ye all the absolute best in life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I hope everything goes well for you today, I will say a little prayer for you today.

I am a big believer in positive thinking, so stay positive.

She is a little beauty!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

she is just gorgeous! what a little angel!

Best of luck for the op today guys, thinking of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best of luck for all of you Kazobel, hope it all goes smoothly and that the baby is giggling and playing with you all in no time again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hope everything goes well Kaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Best of luck Kaz

Fingers crossed everything goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

luckycard.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hope all goes well, and the stress meter in the family isnt too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Aww she's beautiful!!

Hope everything goes well today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Just wanted to add my good luck wishes, I hope everything goes well for the little one (she is super cute).

Please make sure to come back and let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

She sure is the most precious little thing. Big hugs and warmest thoughts to you all today. Good luck and strength to you and your lovely family. x

Advertisement