Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big day tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That is excellent news I am very happy for you that it is over and she came through fine.My thoughts were with you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Hey Kaz
    that's brilliant news, bet you and Hexx can't wait to get Sarah home now, hopefully the worst days are behind you all now, bet you will be amazed with how well she will do from here on in,
    enjoy her and take care of yourself and Hexx
    carol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hexx

Sarah is off her ventilator and doing well. I can't go in cause I have a cold and ICU just isn't the place for germs.

They hope to take out her chest drain and epidural later today and have her back on the ward tonight. She's a little trooper and doing great. Hopefully she'll be home for the weekend :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's fantastic news, I'm delighted it went so well. She really does sound like a trooper all right, and I hope she's running around playing soon.
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Delighted to hear that Sarah is making fantastic progress!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

hexx wrote: »
    Sarah is off her ventilator and doing well.

This is a big thing for Sarah, you all may not know but one of the things with young Downs babies is that if something is breathing for them they'll become lazy and stop breathing for themselves so it was a major nessessity to have her off the ventilator and breathing on her own ASAP . There's even one person in there with a Downs girl and she's been in there now 6 weeks simply because she's addicted to Oxygen and has to be weaned off it. To have Sarah breathing on her own so soon is as big a thing as the operation was because it means now she'll be discharged sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Glad everything went well and hope she and bot of you 2 are recovering well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just read this thread now - am delighted that your daughter is doing well, will say a prayer for her. I was only out of ICU myself 11 months ago and I know how scary it can be. She is a total cutie :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hey Kaz, glad to hear that things went well with the little one. I hope she's well enough to come home soon.

zaph wrote: »
    Hey Kaz, glad to hear that things went well with the little one. I hope she's well enough to come home soon.

Thanks hun, by the way Hexx is from Cabinteelie but I showed her your pic on the barflies thread and she doesn't recognise you, I think her exact words were "He mustn't have been part of the 'in' crowd"
    081.gif081.gif:p:p

• Advertisement

Kazobel wrote: »
    Thanks hun, by the way Hexx is from Cabinteelie but I showed her your pic on the barflies thread and she doesn't recognise you, I think her exact words were "He mustn't have been part of the 'in' crowd"

That hurts :(;)

I know, total bitch ***snigger,snigger,snigger***:D:D:D, look at the bright side, at least you're not an ex that was forgotten, now that would be funny! 081.gif081.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I hope its not bashing, but you're quite right :)

Any updates?

I just thought, you think that hurts? well I'm from blanchardstown (22 years on an off) too and I don't recognise you either 043.gif
    043.gif:p

I hope its not bashing, but you're quite right :)

Any updates?

No nothing yet, Hexx is up there now so as soon as I hear you all will but if she's moved to the ward tonight that will be a really good sign so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

If you thought your life was interesting before smallies entered the equation, now you'll know all about it, as I'm sure you've gathered.

Please pass on our regards, won't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Kaz and Hexx, I'm delighted your little Sarah is doing so well, she sounds like a right little trouper! Glad to hear the good news, she's such a little cutie and she can only get even cuter now (if that's possible!) that she has her health problem helped by the operation! She'll feel so much better in herself.

Hope ye both get to bring her home soon when she's well enough, delighted for you both :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its Cabinteely

If you thought your life was interesting before smallies entered the equation, now you'll know all about it, as I'm sure you've gathered.

I've always had smallies, I have a 17 year old daughter and 8 and 12 year old sons :)
    Please pass on our regards, won't you?

Of course I will but I think she already knows ;)

its Cabinteely

How pedantic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I just thought, you think that hurts? well I'm from blanchardstown (22 years on an off) too and I don't recognise you either 043.gif
    043.gif:p

I'm really not feeling the love here tonight. :D I'm only in D15 for the last 3 years and know very few people out here, so it's not all that surprising that you don't recognise me.
    How pedantic :rolleyes:

Yeah, but he's right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'm glad to read that Sarah is recovering well - and am hoping that you'll be able to take her home soon and dress her cuteness in more hats/hoods with ears on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

pid() learn to use your ignore function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thaedydal wrote: »
    pid() learn to use your ignore function.

I thought you hated this forum. and here you are posting on it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Anti wrote: »
    I thought you hated this forum. and here you are posting on it ;)

I'm nosey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Guys this thread is for showing support to kaz and her family, i wont have people being insulted in a public forum.

Keep yourselves in check please.

Back on topic, glad to her she is doing so well. How long till her comes home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

glad she's doing well, that's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just saw the thread now, and I have to say that I'm glad everything's worked out nicely for you, Hexx and the kid. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

makes you realise what's really important doesn't it. poor little pet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hexx

The baby is doing really well. She's back on the ward and off everything except an NG tube which is not for feeding but purely for giving her pain relief. She is recovering at a remarkable pace. I've to meet with her consultant tomorrow and hopefully will get an indication of when she might be home. With any luck she'll be home before the weekend.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I really do mean that.

@ Zaph - sorry I didn't recognise you should I have? I've been out of Cabinteely for almost 20 years so hardly surprising that I didn't.

Advertisement