Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy MP7 Review Discussion

Options
  • 10-09-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

actually boston, my hicap is also kak...doesnt wind properly...unwinds...very impressed with the mp7 tho

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Edited to add data on battery.
    actually boston, my hicap is also kak...doesnt wind properly...unwinds...very impressed with the mp7 tho

Exactly, the spring in the hi-cap was mess up from the go with me, didn't wind at all. far more impressed with the simplicity of the low/real cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

cool review guys, got one coming from T. have to look at those mags though, doesn't sound too good really, i know T has well mags, wonder do they fit?

funny when i received my mp5 k (galaxy) the hi cap would'nt wind properly, pulled it asunder and found a nut that was sliding out of the centre of the main wheel, put it back, all workd ok after that, wonder if thats any help? are the mags the same "set up" though as a 5k??

Boston what is the charging tiime for that battery? need to know as i have a habit of over charging them

iceage wrote:
    funny when i received my mp5 k (galaxy) the hi cap would'nt wind properly, pulled it asunder and found a nut that was sliding out of the centre of the main wheel, put it back, all workd ok after that, wonder if thats any help? are the mags the same "set up" though as a 5k??

No idea. I'll have my Galaxy mp7 with me at HRTA this saturday (one of the lads will point me out) so if someone here has a well we can test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

and i have midcaps on the way from ehobby, mag ones i think...so i am hoping they will work, if they do i will let you know...they should but then again i have quite a few mags that 'should' fit but dont...

and i have one other question...

i would like to get rid of the charger....anyone know which cable is positive and negative or in my thicko langage which is red or black. i was thinking of leaving the battery housing, cutting the cable and attaching it to my normal charger...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Usually, white/black is pos and black-only is neg*

*responsibility for any exploding chargers/batteries is entirely, absolutely and comprehensively not accepted by the poster :D

• Advertisement

and i have midcaps on the way from ehobby, mag ones i think...so i am hoping they will work, if they do i will let you know...they should but then again i have quite a few mags that 'should' fit but dont...

and i have one other question...

I would like to get rid of the charger....anyone know which cable is positive and negative or in my thicko langage which is red or black. i was thinking of leaving the battery housing, cutting the cable and attaching it to my normal charger...

Polarity shouldn't matter (don't quote me on that) . Current and step down voltage will, I think the battery is 8.5 volts and I've no idea what the current is, but the lower the longer the live of the battery, certainly nothing more then 10 amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

WRONG! Polarity Matters. With Motors it doesnt,(Will just run in reverse) but it will blow a batterie if charged in reverse!:eek:

Ok, I don't know what I was thinking, polarity matters in Li-Ion batteries. For what ever reason I just decided the moter would run backwards. No more posting by me when wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've ordered a "nearly new" TM MP7 today so I'll do a review on it when I get it. I didn't realise the MP7 had become so popular though. Does everyone have one now! Is the MP7 the new armalite?

well the cables on my charger for the galaxy mp7 at least is all black which is the same for the TM one as well as it happens. so i guess i will have to do the old googley thing there on how to do it.

well on the mp7 becoming the new armalite, i think ambro said it best. since the fps is lowish, paul might be more willing to let us go full auto on cqb...however mine seems faster then 215 and i know i would not want to be on the receiving end...and since winter is approaching (er, approaching?) we may wind up in hrta doing more indoors then outside.

finally, lets be honest, the mp7 looks cool...

• Advertisement

well the cables on my charger for the galaxy mp7 at least is all black

They shouldn't be - one of them should have some form of indication (dotted grey or white line) to differentiate the respective polarities.
    since the fps is lowish, paul might be more willing to let us go full auto on cqb (...)
    since winter is approaching we may wind up in hrta doing more indoors then outside.

Which are the 2 main reasons why I've gotten mine ;)

Can't see it becoming the new Armalite, though - it's not versatile enough, by a very long stretch.

So long as you're focusing upon the airsoft version, and the limited power of any TM/clone version (which is limited by design constraints: namely, the size of the original, so there's no way around it), you realise that it's only good for 2 things: CQB and backup (God, how I needed that last Saturday, LOL!)

Given that a pistol or Galaxy's own MP5 series are just as good for backup (if not better re. size/weight of pistol, ROF and FPS of the MP5 series, relative to the MP7), that pretty much narrows it down to CQB.

Therefore, I'd venture that the 'average' airsofter looking to buy an MP7 considers two variables only: attraction to the thing itself (so the 'cool' factor, or for collecting purposes) and/or suitability for CQB use.

[OnTopic] I've taken my flashhider off, and I think it kinda looks better without it. Somehow more 'futuristic'. Battery's charging now, can't wait to give it a spray tonight :)

Will know at about 1 tommorow if I'm getting one!

Good luck with that Lethal :)

Charged the battery today - the charger has a red light, which dims progressively (bright > dim) as the battery gets charged.

For the record, mine straight-out-the-box took from 08:00 to 16:30... and I've now fired it tonight for the first time...

AND IT'S F*CKING AWESOME!!!

Echoing Boston in his review, that thing shoots
    _ good (no misfeeds from the real cap at all),
    _ loud (oh yeah, can't wait to hear this in the CQB section at HRTA - yeah, definitely louder than my DBoys M4 as well),
    _ straight as an arrow (more precise than my DBoys M4 out-the-box at same distance, not even touched the hopup! 10 meters very easy, I'd still expect very decent groupings at twice that)
    _ and rather strong (wouldn't be surprised one bit, if we're quite a way beyond the 215 FPS announced)

ROF not that bad at all, I can very happily live with it (about 5 shots/sec).

But the hi-cap is indeed FUBAR, gonna have to find out how to perform surgery on that (same as ye, Boston, BBs pass into the feed well of the mag but spring doesn't bring them up).

So, save as to the hi-cap, a most happy camper here :D

are you saying you charged the batt. for 8.5 hours??

Well it didn't take mine that long

O.k. how long did you charge your battery for Boston? I really don't want to boil it as I did to my m4a1 battery(had to wait 2-3wks for replacements) Ambro 25 reckons his was on charge ffrom 08.00 to 16.30, I count 8 hours?? seems a lot. so curious how long you left yours on charge, cos i ain't boiling another one!!:eek:

about half that. A back emf starts forming as the battery becomes more and more charged which acts as a resistance to the charging which is why i suspect the led dims. its probably a good idea to charge it for 8 or so hours out if the box, but I wouldn't be doing that everytime. Others know more about batteries then me but afaik theres no memory effect you don't have to push it to max.

Actually, when I get back to college I've access to alot of equipment so I'll run afew tests on the battery and post up how charged it @ various times, they will be handy for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Lads I bought this and it does away with all the guess work http://www.strikalite.co.uk/prodcat_type/21/Charger/0/Airsoft_Gun_Packs.html shipping worked out at €12.50 and it is working fine

fellow mp7ers

just got the MAG mp7 mid caps (100rds) from ehobby. I can conform they work like a charm!!!

fit is excellent, feed is excellent....100 rounds of sheer joy....get rid of those hicap crappers from galaxy...

we're kinda stuff with the provided charger due to battery shape and connector.

• Advertisement

Thx for that Falls, will be ordering soonish.

Re. charging time - longest charge out-of-the-box, then much shorter charges pre-HRTA attendance. Hasn't failed me yet.

Just gotta get me some o'them cheapo
    laser
    and torch from BFSL/Rsov/eHobby now ;)

Might give a go to skirmishing shottie + MP7, instead of M4A1+shottie or M4+MP7 (got my eye on some 2ndhand TM over at Arnies ;))

Boston wrote:
    we're kinda stuff with the provided charger due to battery shape and connector.

boston, exactly the same issue with the TM one...they have this 'charger' tingy going on as well...pain in the knackers tbh...

Thanks for the Update on the mags Fall, will try and get some of those off shiva (had enough of internet buying for the moment)

Ambros, I figure I'll go for a stupidly oversized scope. Should look class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

afair, the battery/charger is the same as the type used for the AEPs???
    i just snipped the wires on the plug end of the charger and plug them directly into my tlp pro charger, works like a charm :D

kdouglas wrote:
    afair, the battery/charger is the same as the type used for the AEPs???
    i just snipped the wires on the plug end of the charger and plug them directly into my tlp pro charger, works like a charm :D

kd, how did you find out which was positive and which was negative? because that is exactly what i want to do...

Boston wrote:
    Ambros, I figure I'll go for a stupidly oversized scope. Should look class.

:D

Mind you, I do have that spare M4 carry handle about, std 20mm mountings... hmmm

kd, how did you find out which was positive and which was negative? because that is exactly what i want to do...

Technically you could use a phrase tester to determine within the charger which side is positive and negative. Then cut your wires make your new connection, test out which side inside the charger is positive and if its the same the polarity is the same, if not reverse your connection. So for instance, from what i recall, there or two contact points at the top of the battery and two at the bottom for charging and discharging, find out which are anodes and which are cathodes and you're in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

i tested it with a multimeter, from what i remember, the one with the white stripe is positive, but i havent used my glock AEP in a while so ill check it out later and confirm

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/iceage10/mags001.jpg
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/iceage10/mags002.jpg
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/iceage10/mags003.jpg
    http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/iceage10/mags004.jpg

Heres a clue as to why the mags don't wind, notice anything missing?

Gonna have to ask Shiva why all the 7's seem to have a problem with the hi cap, I bet if we all checked we'd find the same screw/washer/spring missing.....

• Advertisement

Will be collecting one friday/saturday if that suits shiva. BTW, do you have any mags?

Advertisement