Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD well done. You are absolutely flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

6 mile run today and about 45 minutes weights in gym really must post up my routine im still only experimenting but will post up what im doing anyway . its probabily very poor but what harm

i missed my long run over the weekend so decided to try fit a longer run in during the week . today as i thought would be perfect but as it happens i had to split my run into a 10 mile run this morning and a 6 mile run this evening, its not ideal but still its 16 today

10 mile run today and about 45 minutes in gym feeling tired so its a day of rest tommorrow

did the piltown 10k race tonight felt tired before it and never really felt comfortable during the race. finished in 37:30 but would have liked to be a little quicker.plan on doing a 10 mile race in ballynonty next sunday then back to the marathon training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Based on your sub 29 5 mile, you'd manage close to 36 handy enough. I'd suspect the 37.30 is just because you are still tired from the last race and your long runs this week. Another race (10 mile) on Sunday:eek:. Take her handy. Don't be too surprised if you are a minute or 2 slower than expected - hard to perform well if you race too regularly (hard th get the balance right though) so take these 2 as hard training runs.
    Best of luck Sunday - would love a 10miler now...

thanks RF your dead right i had not intended to race as much when i was planning my dublin prep but a couple of friends are doing a lot of these races so i thought why not. they are enjoyable up to a point but they are hard on the legs and a tough friday night race means i have'nt the legs for a long run over the weekend as was my original plan, anyway all i plan on racing in now is that 10 miler next sunday, the national half marathon in sept and then the dublin marathon. as i still have plenty of time for long runs im not too concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

I try to plan a big race every 4 weeks in my training, that I will train down for and use as a marker of progress but may race every second week, but will not train down for these ones, just do them instead of a tempo run.

10 mile today nice and slow .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Haven't read this log in a while but its very impressive stuff well done on the recent races, those are some good times and some good training. Gives a bit of inspiration to those of us who are not going so well.

• Advertisement

hi token thanks for the encouragement , your not doing too bad yourself going by your recent times .

i had to stagger my run again this week due to life stuff, so i did 10 miles this morning, and this evening i did 45 min in gym followed by 6 mile. as perverse as it may seem i actually enjoy this double session

good 10 mile run tonight started slow and increased pace up the two hills on the course and also pushed on close to 10k pace for the last 3 miles

10 mile run broken into 6 miles with one friend followed immediateily by 4 with another finished off with 45 min in gym. quite slow for the entire 10 miles which suited me completely tonight,plan on relaxing now for a couple of days as thats 46 miles over the last 4 days

10 mile road race in ballynonty tipp today, finished in 61 minutes . i was going along nicely at just under 6 min miles for first 6 miles when the chap i was running with(i didnt know him the 2 of us were just the only ones running together at that pace) just stopped completely , he must have pulled something. this threw me completely and i wobbled for pace for the next 2 miles but came back strong again for the finish .
    all in all a good run , very very hot but enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD you must be satisfied with your form. 50+ miles last week and to finish the week with a 61min 10 miler!
    I may have overlooked it but what plan are you following?

hi abhainn yeah happy enough thank god with the way things are going.
    i had started following the brendan o shea marathon programme for dublin for a 2:30 to 3:00 finisher but i then started entering a few local races so with those been on weekends it has really thrown my schedule, especially my long runs .
    for the last couple of weeks ive missed my long run and tried to squezze one in midweek but because of time constraints i had to split a 16 mile run into 10 in the morning and 6 at night which is far from ideal.
    but that was my last race now till the national half marathon here in waterford in sept and then dublin.
    but in saying that i might sneak in another race along the way:D,i do enjoy the buzz of race day but i find it hard to race regularly and follow a marathon programme. so anyway getting back on topic im planning on getting back on track with the brendan o shea programme and see where it gets me

rest day yesterday
    today i did a split session again so it was 10 miles in the morning with 50 minutes in gym. and 6 miles in the afternoon

10 mile run , 1 mile @8 min mile . 4 mile @6 min mile .1 mile @8 min mile .2 mile @ 7 min mile . 2mile @ 8 min mile

17 mile run today .five of us ran together which was great as the time flew, steady run with 2 fast miles dotted amongst the 17. great morning for it

17 miles again this morning, i had it in my mind to do back to back long runs this weekend but i decided to wait and see how i felt over the weekend. so as i felt great after yesterday's 17 and a different mate of mine had planned on 15 i decided to go with him, but i talked him in to an extra 2 .
    was starting to feel it in the last 3/4 miles but i could have gone longer if i had too which was a great feeling.
    so its 20's here on in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

2 17's back to back way to go SUNGOD

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

ike wrote: »
    2 17's back to back way to go SUNGOD

+1 good going...

spent an hour in the gym yesterday
    today was a slow 10 mile run

wednesday 6th 10 mile run, marathon pace for first 3 and last 3 miles

this morning , 4 mile run followed by just over an hour in the gym

this evening , 10 mile steady run

friday 8th very slow 6 mile run .planning on a LSR on sunday so saturday will be rest or gym

training lately has been haphazord at best or non exsistant at worst since last entry through a couple of reasons, the main one been a dental problem im having which i thought was fixed but looks like it wont be properly resolved till next week.
    so i missed another long run which is annoying , my originol plan is gone out the window now(planned on having a few 20+ plus runs done by now) but what harm all i can do now is get back on track.
    planning on a slow longish run in morning
    i know im going ok just would like to be a bit further along in my prep but hey thats life

right so this morning i ran in a monsoon , the worst conditions i have ever ran in .the road we ran on was partially flooded on the return leg but it was still great to be out running again.
    did feel more tired then usual from similar run prob just due to lack of running lately , but still a good run .16 miles

45 minutes in gym and a 16 mile run yesterday morning

• Advertisement

7 mile run tonight , took it nice and easy after 2 hard runs over the weekend

Advertisement