Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

an hour in gym in the morning
    and a 6 mile run in the evening

really good run tonight 4 of us did a 10 mile run including
    2 x half mile hill sprints
    1 x 1 mile @ 5 mile pace
    felt very strong and finished very strong which is great considering i had a bad week last week .
    plan on a light run tommorrow then rest friday with a big push over the weekend

am..an hour in gym
    pm..6 mile run

this morning i did an hour in the gym and then myself and 3 others ran the national half marathon course here in waterford.
    its on the 7th so we decided to run it a couple of times before the day to see what is like.
    its not too bad at all with only one steep climb roughly on the half way mark, should be a good day.
    the half marathon then waterford V kilkenny.........up the deise...

did a 20 mile run earlier, which consisted of a 7 mile run then i had planned to meet up with a friend on the way and we did the half marathon course again.
    so just happy to finally get a 20 in as its long over due.
    i looked up the route through the waterford AC web site and the link they give is a "map my run" page which states that the national half marathon course is 13.45 miles long. just think this is very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i looked up the route through the waterford AC web site and the link they give is a "map my run" page which states that the national half marathon course is 13.45 miles long. just think this is very strange

I'd say this might just be due to the map my run site not being accurate enough, ie maybe it doesn't measure the shortest route which the course measurers would do. As it's a National Championships it should be dead accurate. But then again in Carlow a few years ago, it seemed a bit short. Everyone got PB's. It was great!

Is it on the same day as the All-Ireland:eek:? If so, they might struggle to get stewards:D. What is the course like? I'd love to do this, but the last long run will have to take precedence, unfortunately.

hi RF yeah its the same day as the all ireland so it should be a great day.
    the course is basically a straight out and back route, from waterford to tramore and back .it has some small ups and downs but there is really only one major climb in it and thats on the half way turn back to waterford.

today i did a slow 5 mile run, 6k on bike , and an hour in gym

10 mile run including 2 x half mile hill sprints and 1 x 1 mile @ 5 mile pace.
    followed by 6k on gym bike

have had a couple of days rest due to a planned rest day followed by a wedding.
    i had a 10 mile charity run today and felt great till mile 5 when i started getting darting pains across the right side of stomach, which stopped when i stopped running.
    so i had to get a lift back after 5 miles very frustrating as i feel fine as soon as i stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD hope that pain isn't anything too serious

• Advertisement

thanks Abhainn injury seems ok (i havent tested it so not too sure) just having a few other obstacles at the mo , i can be a bit OCD and have an addictive nature which makes me all or nothing ,as in when i train i train hard and if i miss 2 training sessions i think fcuk it my fitness is gone lets eat sh*t and wallow. i know!!!! i have issues
    move this to PI !!!!!!!!! ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hey Sungod get those asics back on you and get out that door :D, I for 1 depend on you to keep me motivated, and for that sweet tooth I may have an answer, choclate protein shake in the evening, have one every night now and it gives me my chocolate fix while repairing my body, win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Ok SUNGOD just checked the PI and I have'nt seen any post for an OCD long distance runner with an eating disorder! :D To rephrase what woddle said get off your ass and run! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just to reinforce what Woddle and Ike said you know I'm a psychotherapist. Just get out there [as there are no signs of OCD or eating disorders here so please move along] one foot in front of the other in a repetive action, and don't stop until we tell you. Hope you feeling better mate.

thanks for the support lads
    for various reasons i had first hard run in almost 10 days tonight , 10 k on threadmill in 44 min , much slower then what im capable of but after the lay off i really felt it, but god it was so good to get back at it.
    like i said that was my first hard run in a while i was out twice during the week with a friend but we went very slow , just easeing my side/stomach back in to it.
    preparation far from ideal for half marathon on sunday but what harm nothing i can about it now.
    i plan to run anyway and just see how i go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

best of luck tomorrow SG

Best of luck tomorrow. Enjoy it.

Good luck tomorrow mate, hope you have a good day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hope it goes well and the belly is alright.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Good luck in the race & up the deise! :pac:

• Advertisement

thanks lads
    actually felt much better than expected maybe the enforced lay off stood to me but i wouldnt reccommend an injury as a taper:D
    so anyway really good day sun was shining(sunny south east) big field heard 600ish, finished in 1:25 so delighted with that

thanks bossarky UP THE DEISE!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one, that's an impressive time. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Great time SUNGOD. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Good running SG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Well done SUNGOD great running.

Back into the swing of things. Your minor break could work out perfect. All fresh for the last 2 peak weeks of training then a nice taper and you'll be well set.

AM: Slow 6 mile run with a friend. Followed by 18mins on bike with a friend.

PM: Fast 6mile run, 6.20min/miles followed by 9mins on bike....unfortunately no friend this time:(

10 min on bike, and 45 min of weights followed by a 10 mile run yesterday consisting of , 5 miles easy , 4 miles @ 6min miles , 1 mile easy

6 mile run consisting of 2 miles easy, 3 miles hard, 1 mile easy. then hit the threadmill to cool down for 5 min but ended up doing 5k just didnt want to stop

• Advertisement

am: 10 k run
    pm: 18minutes on bike plus 45 minutes weights

Advertisement