Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

6 mile run

10 mile run

10 mile run before i head to dublin to see the mighty boosch yippeee

16 mile run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

SUNGOD wrote: »

how were the boosh SG?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

I was at the boosh thursday night myself, thought it was great craic, good to see new(ish) material. Good running man, looks like you're getting well set up.

hi showry the boosch were class, just a completely different kind of night out.

hi sobriquet, they were good crack. bob fossil cracks me up!!

did 5k on treadmill, 45 min of weights, 10k run outside, 10k on exercise bike.i know it sounds all over the place but it was first session since last saturday due to life stuff getting in the way so i was just mad to get stuck into something

did an hour in gym weights and cardio really only messing about just didnt have the concentration for it.
    looking back over my log i have only done one 20 mile run which is ridiculous especially as my goal was to break 3 hours. but nothing i can do now only train hard till the taper so planning on 16 tommorrow and all going to plan a 20 on sunday

well i did the 16 reasonably ok this morning so if i can get through the 20 tommorrow i will be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

well i did the 16 reasonably ok this morning so if i can get through the 20 tommorrow i will be happy enough

You ran 16 miles today and your doing a 20 miler tomorrow?

Are you following any specific training plan? Im no expert (only started running recently) but that seems crazy to me.

• Advertisement

hi babybing,
    it may seem a bit extreme and its not something i have just jumped into . i know my body at this stage and as ive missed a bit of training im trying to step it up at the moment. its not as extreme as you might think as for my first marathon i followed the hal higdon programme which had a 10 miler the day before the three 20 mile runs on that paticular programme.
    also i have done 2 back to back 16 mile runs without any problems in the last couple of months, and as my long term goal is the ultra in connemara i think its good practise for the double long runs that will make up that training plan.
    i know it might sound cracked but hey remember i didnt do it yet so log on tommorrow to see if i make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i made it
    yeah did the 20 earlier felt quite good the whole way round and finished fairly strong. just great to get another 20 in as i was getting very short on time before the taper

a slow 7 miles this morning still a little stiff after yesterday

rested on tuesday and went to gym wednesday and thursday for a mixture of weights and some treadmill and bike.
    didnt do a great amount and will probabily rest today as im planning 2 runs over the weekend

really good session earlier 20 mile run , 30 min on bike , and 40 minutes of weights topped off with sauna/jacuzzi etc and i feel tired but absolutely great.
    planning another longish run in the morning not too sure off the distance i will probabily see how i feel when i start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

really good session earlier 20 mile run , 30 min on bike , and 40 minutes of weights topped off with sauna/jacuzzi etc and i feel tired but absolutely great.
    planning another longish run in the morning not too sure off the distance i will probabily see how i feel when i start

Very nice indeed..

14 mile run and about 15 min of weights

6 mile run in 39 minutes, first 2 mile was steady enough but covered the last 4 about 6 minute/mile pace.
    finished with 30 min on bike and about 10 minutes of weights

9.5 miles in 67 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Good running to date SUNGOD, you have to be confident of a good showing in Dublin

• Advertisement

hi ike yeah fingers crossed it will go according to plan, firstly i want to beat my PB of 3:06 and secondly get as close to if not just under the magical 3 hours.
    your going great yourself and judging by how many boardsies are running dublin there might be a bit of crack afterwards

6 mile in 40 minutes , 18 min on bike and 45 minutes of weights and stretching

20 mile run, 30 minutes on bike and 30 minutes of weights

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

20 mile run, 30 minutes on bike and 30 minutes of weights

thats some sessions your putting in.
    How about giving the bike and the weights a miss for the next couple of weeks? Don't let anything get in your way, 3 hours doesn't come easy

hi stipes212 yeah this weekend is my hardest one of my training and im tapering down over the next 2 weeks so should be fresh come race day

22 mile run early this morning, i dont seem to have a problem with back to back long runs

tuesday 14th 6 mile run

thursday 16th 9 mile in 62 min so just under 7 min miles

tonight 5 mile and 10 k on bike

20 min bike 10 mile run 45 min weights

have a 10 mile charity run tommorrow so it will be slow then its taper for the week......no bike just some light weights and some running to keep me ticking over

10 mile charity run earlier took it very easy and had a good suna etc afterwards , nice easy session

6 mile run took it easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

best of luck on monday

Advertisement