Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Best of luck Monday SG, take it home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Best of luck, you never know might bump into you for a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

best of luck SG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD you've put in some effort for a sub 3.

I'm very confident you will get it.
    I actually think you may even get that the New York qualifying time whether you want it or not!

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thanks for the support
    unfortunately i came up a little short on the day
    the clock said 3:00:29
    but my offical time on website said 3:00:04 so im guessing thats the chip time so basically i was 4 seconds short which is a little hard to take but hey thats life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Amazing stuff Sungod, I can understand your disappointment with the four seconds; man that is close. However that's still a great achivement mate.

Feel for you man. So close. Don't stop now in your attempt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭token56

Well done SUNGOD. Sorry for you that you didn't the sub 3, but hey thats still an amazing run which any of us mere mortals would love to be able to do.
    Again congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Incredible time for your first year. Obviously frustrating, but you'll easily do it next time. Well done. Will be interested in hearing how the ultra training goes. You'll be well ready with your back to back long runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

great run SG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well done again sungod and I tell you when I read your posts in my head now, I'm reading it in a Navan accent :D and it's not intentional. best of luck with the ultra training and hope to see you in Berlin next year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

If you weren't chatting up all the women on the way round you would have broken 3hrs handy. ;):p

And measuring up for that job must have cost you at least 5 minutes.

TheRock wrote: »
    If you weren't chatting up all the women on the way round you would have broken 3hrs handy. ;):p

QUOTE]

you know me too well... but typical me .. all i brought back to the hotel was a bag of chips !!!!

right i did 20k on gym bike to ease myself back in to it
    i signed up for a charity thing in my gym its called around the world in 80 days where you have 80 days to run the new york marathon swim acroos some lake somewhere run/walk the great wall of china ,climb the eiffel tower(stepper) im probabily getting them wrong as i dont have a printout yet but you get the picture 8 challenges in 80 days a lot of the distances are condensed like i think one of them is row the amazon but its only 50 k but still it should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

glad to see you continue the log, it was a great run you had.
    4 -oxy seconds. Thats the worst about marathons, you can't do one this week just to get that 4 seconds

thanks stipes
    yeah going to keep the log going alright
    did a slow 5 miles tonight first run since marathon and was a bit stiff but i soon loosened out

8 miles yesterday and 8 miles today quite slow but still felt tired. just a day or two more rest needed.
    have printed out hal higdon's ultramarathon training plan which im going to tweak a bit here and there but use the majority of it for the connemara ultra in march .
    it should have started a couple of weeks ago but as the first few weeks are light enough i will be ok to jump in on week 4 .
    im confident enough about the training plan as the hardest runs on it are the back to back long runs and as i have done a couple of back to back 20's a few 16/16 and one 20/22 so i know what to expect.

let the fun commence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

SUNGOD wrote: »
    thanks for the support
    unfortunately i came up a little short on the day
    the clock said 3:00:29
    but my offical time on website said 3:00:04 so im guessing thats the chip time so basically i was 4 seconds short which is a little hard to take but hey thats life

Great run there, next time out i'm sure you'll get it. How were your splits in the race by the way?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Great run there, next time out i'm sure you'll get it. How were your splits in the race by the way?

hi shels
    10k- 42:11
    half- 1:29:50 was on for a 1:28 only for an enforced toilet break at mile 12
    30 k- 2:07:14
    26.2- 3:00:04

bib number 7500..i finished 105th in my section and 253 overall so you'd have to be happy with that

10 mile run today ..all my runs since dublin are very slow but thats perfect for me at the moment
    todays run completed the first leg of the 8 charity challenge in my gym(new york marathon)next is either cycle the tour de france or swim the channel

• Advertisement

SUNGOD your back at it already. Fair play.
    I'll taking a full two weeks off so next Monday I'll start back into it fairly easy untill start of Dec. Lucky I have no injuries after Dublin. But I am always afraid of my joints so easy she goes for a while.

The Hal H plan you working so is that the one based on the Comrades marathon? Looks a bit extreme for me. But if I decide on the Conn Ultra I'll probably use it as a guide. I'll probably plan peak milage of 60 miles / week.

Have you set a goal time for Conn?

hi Abhainn yeah thats it i think its a 50 mile run in south africa i think. its a tough programme but like i said i will be using it as a guide and will change it to suit .

last night was a 6 mile run and 22k on gym bike
    trying to get stuck in to part 2 of that charity challenge cycle 360 k

as regards a time for conn i havent given it too much thought , maybe 8 minute miles which would be over a minute a mile slower than my marathon pace.
    not sure if this is too ambitous or not ambitous enough????

runners world race predictor has me at 4:36:35 going by my marathon time which is crazy

SUNGOD I'd say 8 min / mile is well within your reach. Finish in sub 5:15 hr sounds good.
    Secret is holding that pace for say the first 2 hrs running in the race. You'll be finding that pace very slow. The last 13 miles will be tough

My long runs are usually in the range 7:35 -7:50. It's nearly always hard to keep them slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭druss666

sorry to bust in on your tread but i need help im doing a corse in the ntc for health fitness and personal training and im doing exercise to music and i need to get pics of the moves knee raise strides grapevine etc any help links would be great thanks

hi druss66 im not 100% sure what help i can be to you or what your exactley looking for ...sorry about that

slow 10 miles tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

druss666 wrote: »
    sorry to bust in on your tread but i need help im doing a corse in the ntc for health fitness and personal training and im doing exercise to music and i need to get pics of the moves knee raise strides grapevine etc any help links would be great thanks

not sure what it is your looking for, but if you browse around on youtube, you might find what you want

yesterday i did the first night of the winter league. its a 5.2 mile run and had its biggest turn out of 600 runners its on every thursday for the next 12/14 weeks.
    took my time as i was running with a friend 43:48
    my best time last year was 30:30 so i would like to beat that before the end
    also did 15k on gym bike.

did 50 lengths of pool today im not a big imto swimming but just making a start on part 3 of that charity challenge.

will prob go to gym or short run later on

• Advertisement

didnt make gym last night but had a good session earlier today.....14 mile run , 5k bike , 10k rower.
    god the rower is tough and 5 min seems like an hour on it

Advertisement