Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

did 7 k on gym bike and 50 lengths of pool yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Fair play to you for this level of motivation so soon after the marathon. My training has plummeted! Did nothing for 10 days after marathon, and have only done a total of 10 miles since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Peckham wrote: »
    Fair play to you for this level of motivation so soon after the marathon. My training has plummeted! Did nothing for 10 days after marathon, and have only done a total of 10 miles since then!

SUNGOD looking at your log I would have nearly thought you were triathlon training now!
    Well done. The cross training will really strengthen you up.

Peckham that's 9.97 miles more than me. I have just managed a 40 meter run up my drive since DM!

But today it starts all again. 6 miles at 07:30 mile pace begins 2009 training for me. Motivation is a bit low for me also which is odd.
    Began reading Ultra Marathon Man, Confessions of an Allnight Runner by Dean Karnazes last night so that shoulD focus me a bit for a few days at least.

hi peckham after my last marathons i took a much longer break and found when i went back training my motivation was non exsistent and i found it so hard .
    also i put on weight very easily and am still trying to get my diet nailed down so a longer break would have guarunted weight gain.

Abhainn the cross training is only because ive signed up for a charity challenge in the gym so i have a set amount of time to complete a certain amount on the various machines and pool. as soon as its over it will be 100% running

tonight was 6 mile run and 8k on rower...i hate the rower!!!!!!!!!!

i was getting lonely over in the fitness log's so deciced to come over to where all the lunatics hang out !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

SUNGOD wrote: »

tonight was 6 mile run and 8k on rower...i hate the rower!!!!!!!!!!

8k on the Rower :eek::confused: I feel your pain. Welcome to the lunatic asylum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Good man SUNGOD about time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

i was getting lonely over in the fitness log's so deciced to come over to where all the lunatics hang out !!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling lonely and puny being left over there with all the bodybuilders. How do you move a thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

showry wrote: »
    I'm feeling lonely and puny being left over there with all the bodybuilders. How do you move a thread?

Hey showry,you have to pm the mod in fitness and ask them.
    And greetings sungod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

didnt make gym last night but had a good session earlier today.....14 mile run , 5k bike , 10k rower.
    god the rower is tough and 5 min seems like an hour on it

Welcome SUNGOD :D Thats some session, it must have been about 2.5 hours of non stop cross training. I mean, a 14 mile run is a good enough session on its own and so is a 10k ergo!!

I think you are close to Hunnymonster with your commitment to training and the sheer savagery of the sessions you are putting in! Commitment also reflected in the consistency of your log.

Good work!

• Advertisement

didnt do much the last few days due to life stuff getting in the way.
    but back into it tonight with a 6 mile run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Good man Sungod,keep up the good work :rolleyes:

thanks MCOS and Sosa im raring to go after the little unplanned break

19th 6 mile run
    20th am 4 mile run and pm 6 mile run

what are you targetting next SG?

I reckon he might be suited to doing an ultra :eek:

what are you targetting next SG?

hi showry , yeah Sosa is right im looking towards the ultra in connemara in march.
    the programme im going to use has started already but im just easing myself back into it after the week off

6 mile run tonight and hopefully 10 in the morning

Thought that alright.I was reading through the log and with the back to back long runs coupled with the cross training,the ultra might be a good option for you.Longer distance obviously but not killing yourself to get under the 3 hours.i.e 7:30 or 7:45 pace

hi showry , yeah Sosa is right im looking towards the ultra in connemara in march.
    the programme im going to use has started already but im just easing myself back into it after the week off

6 mile run tonight and hopefully 10 in the morning

my brother's doing the marathon there and is trying to persuade me to do that or the half,

my brother's doing the marathon there and is trying to persuade me to do that or the half,

you should consider it . its a completely different expierence then a city marathon,bussed to the start in the middle of no where and the scenery is the best ive seen in ireland , no major support on route apart from a few sheep running across your path but it all adds to make it a fantastic day and i cant wait to go back

10 mile run this morning felt very tired the whole way round so going to enjoy a rest day tommorrow

• Advertisement

i was looking down the back of the sofa for my keys and i finally found what's been missing the last couple of weeks.......my motivation!!!!!!!

not sure what happened the last couple of weeks but i finally like training again.
    think i came back too soon after marathon and just suffered a delayed hangover

anyway i feel refreshed now so tonight i got back into with a 6 mile run and 50 lengths of pool

anyway now that my running mate SOSA is making great progress and keeping a log i had better watch my back ....nothing like a bit of rivalry to keep ya on your toes

take another week off Sungod...no need to hurry back

what a morning for a run . what you could call a "fresh" morning
    absolutely frezzeing with ice and frost everywhere but when the sun shone it was quite warm and wasnt long before i heated up
    10 miles steady enough
    hopefully 10 tommorrow as well

another great morning for a run , cold but dry and the sky was as clear as eh.... a clear sky !
    10 miles steady enough
    best ive felt in the last couple of weeks thank god

6 miles last night , nothing special pace wise but it feels good to be getting back to a regular running structure
    i was supposed to have started my ultra trainning directly after dublin so i will just be starting it now
    the plan is
    monday.....opitional or cross
    tuesday.....6 mile
    wednesday.10 mile
    thursday...1 mile warm up..5.2mile(winter league) speed work....1 mile cool down...total 7.2 mile
    friday.....opitional or cross
    saturday...long run starting at 10 and increaseing
    sunday ....same as sat

at the start i will run or cross train on 1 or maybe both of my opitional/cross days
    but as my back to back long weekend runs increase i will need to rest on friday and monday.i think its sensible enough with the only real difference been the back to back long runs and the length of them which will go over the marathon distance in training

No more weeks off, Sungod.
    Back to the grind stone ...

did 6 miles last night steady enough it was cold and wet which wouldnt be high up on my preferred weather combinations, im much more of a warm and dry type of runner

first run in nearly a week thats the third time thats happened to me recently and its pissing me off.
    but i wasnt getting home till 11 at night or if i did get home early i was rushing to other commitments anyway whats done is done so this time hopefully i can get some consistency again.
    so tonight was a steady 4.5 mile run

6 mile run . hope im not coming down with a cold as dont feel the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Don't about life getting in the way, it happens at times there is no much we can do about it. I found that when stuff like that happens you just have to adapt to the situation best you can. Sorry if I missed it but what ultra are you training for?

Advertisement