Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run run run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

met SOSA when out running and ended up doing 8 miles.
    7 of them at around 7:30 pace i think i will have to ask sosa as he has a garmin .
    and then 1 mile on my own maybe a min a mile slower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

We did about 6.3 together SUNGOD...at 7:08 pace
    you put me in my place on that hill my the golf course,i was chasing your shadow.
    I reckon you did 9.

i clocked it on runningmap and it was just a tad under 8 for me.
    6.3 at 7:08 very happy with SOSA
    between you and me if you had of put it up to me on that hill i would have collasped:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

SUNGOD wrote: »
    between you and me if you had of put it up to me on that hill i would have collasped:D

That I doubt....!

ok amadeus maybe just maybe im playing mind games:D

went for a 4 mile run in 31min last night.
    god it was so cold, i was going to go longer but the lure of the sauna/jacuzzi was too much for me

• Advertisement

7 mile run this evening .
    it was too cold out, even breathing the cold air was hard .
    sosa got out earlier today when the sun was shining and i would have loved to have gone at that time.
    still at least its dry..........i sound like my mother:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Nights like this are why I will never do a Spring marathon! Summer training all the way!!!

hi RF yeah i enjoy the fine weather running so much more

11 miles in total tonight...6 miles with 2 mates followed by the winter league which was 5.2 miles in 34:35 min.
    thats only my second time doing the winter league and i enjoyed it so i will try make the rest of the nights its on .i think there is only about 5/6 more runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Am running Connemara aswell, great thread!

thanks gaeilgegrinds,
    it wont be long coming around now , only 10 weeks from sunday:eek:
    how is your training coming along?

• Advertisement

6 mile run tonight , thank god its not as cold

14 mile run at just under 8 min miles
    tough run , i went with Sosa on a route he has often done.
    which made a welcome change of scenery even if it did have a few hard hills.
    Sosa was nice enough to bring the club energiser......note to self , really must run with this generous soul more.:D

the plan is a longer than 14 run tommorrow...the legs are very tired/stiff at the moment as ive been running for 8 days straight ,
    but i would be confident to get to 14 but not sure will i make 16/18/20 i will just have to see how i go in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Good goin sungod ,keep pushin those miles out.Its a good to get used to running when your legs are kn.ackered.so run,run,run...

picked up a stomach bug last night .i wasnt too bad it just ment i was in and out of the toilet till about 3 am.
    besides this i felt fine when i woke this morning, that was until i started to run
    i was shattered after 2 miles , i had brought lucozade sport and a nutri grain and these were gone after 3 miles.
    but i still had no energy, i dont think this was entirely down to the stomach as i was feeling very "leggy" anyway and conditions this morning were terrible with rain and a very strong wind.
    i was going to try run through it but i decided to cut my run short , go home have some rest and proper food and just put off my long run till monday or tuesday.
    i will go mon/tue as i dont want to go another week witout running 20+

i know i made the right decision as even finishing the 5 miles that i did felt very hard

So...you are human after all !

Sosa wrote: »
    So...you are human after all !

well...ive been called worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Fair play for getting out this morning. You must have felt miserable and weather must have made it tougher again. No shame in heading home after 5 miles.

out this morning early. i really wanted to start running up to and over the 20.
    i had arranged to meet Sosa for 10 miles so i did 10 miles myself first then i met Sosa .
    really good run with Sosa he is coming on in leaps and bounds (literally)
    we actually did 11 so my run today was 21 miles
    really happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

SUNGOD - That's some running for a Monday morning

Abhainn wrote: »
    SUNGOD - That's some running for a Monday morning

its only because i had disaster yesterday morning so i had to put back my schedule a day.

but it feels different having a LSR on a weekday

• Advertisement

ment to add earlier the highlight of this mornings run was finding a ball that had been kicked on to the road from a nearby garden.
    Sosa jokingly said "bet ya cant kick it back in"
    he was right ,i tried but i got him straight on the head!!!!!!
    good times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

really happy with that

Wow. 21 miles on a Monday, rearranged training days or not, is phenomenal. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

out this morning early. i really wanted to start running up to and over the 20.
    i had arranged to meet Sosa for 10 miles so i did 10 miles myself first then i met Sosa .
    really good run with Sosa he is coming on in leaps and bounds (literally)
    really happy with that
    I think i need to stop reading peoples logs until i can get out and run again myself..

Great going for a monday...

ment to add earlier the highlight of this mornings run was finding a ball that had been kicked on to the road from a nearby garden.

Pure luck - 1 in a hundred chance of you actually doing that ...today was your day ...typical !

z

as myself and Sosa are free at the same time this week i twisted his arm into a long run this morning.
    i did 20 and sosa did 18 it was a fantastic morning for a run and that made it easier to go long.
    i dont think sosa was to happy about the distance before we left but we both felt good and the miles just zipped by..7;40 pace which is not too bad at all.
    41 miles over monday tuesday may seem a lot but because i messed up my weekends run i just used mon/tue as my sat/sun
    and all along i wanted to get my weekend total from 30 to 40 miles which i have finally acheived.
    i actually felt stronger today then i did yesterday which is welcome but strange .
    i noticed this when i was doing back to back long runs for dublin as well.
    Sosa is really running well at the moment, he was zipping along chatting away looking very comfortable.
    not sure which marathon he is doing but whatever one he picks he will do very well in it.

so 41 miles in 2 days thats exactley what i wanted especially as im away next saturday so unsure how training will go over the weekend.
    great to get that done as its only 9 weeks from sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

as myself and Sosa are free at the same time this week i twisted his arm into a long run this morning.
    i did 20 and sosa did 18 it was a fantastic morning for a run and that made it easier to go long.
    i dont think sosa was to happy about the distance before we left but we both felt good and the miles just zipped by..7;40 pace which is not too bad at all.
    41 miles over monday tuesday may seem a lot but because i messed up my weekends run i just used mon/tue as my sat/sun
    and all along i wanted to get my weekend total from 30 to 40 miles which i have finally acheived.
    i actually felt stronger today then i did yesterday which is welcome but strange .
    i noticed this when i was doing back to back long runs for dublin as well.
    Sosa is really running well at the moment, he was zipping along chatting away looking very comfortable.
    not sure which marathon he is doing but whatever one he picks he will do very well in it.

so 41 miles in 2 days thats exactley what i wanted especially as im away next saturday so unsure how training will go over the weekend.
    great to get that done as its only 9 weeks from sunday

You must be eating a copious amount of Blaas to fuel all this running :D

MCOS wrote: »
    You must be eating a copious amount of Blaas to fuel all this running :D

as far as i know 1 heavily buttered floury blaa filled with luncheon and cheese and onion crisps can keep you going for 7 to 8 miles:D

you might be on to something MCOS .. scrap the gels. im bringing blaa's to connemara:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Just seen your planning on Belfast too might see you up there.

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Just seen your planning on Belfast too might see you up there.

hi shels, yeah ive entered belfast , i wont be going for a paticular time or PB .
    just would like to run it.
    hopefully any boardsies who are going can meet up for a pre or post marathon discussion
    see ya in belfast shels

Advertisement